Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The KLF - Chill Out,similar album suggestions?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The KLF - Chill Out,similar album suggestions?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The KLF - Chill Out,similar album suggestions?!
    Posted: March 11 2019 at 16:18
not any ambient band has that taste,mixing house/ambient/country and sound collages.
does anybody have any suggestion? even "The Orb - the orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld" is not the same

Edited by katatonia - March 11 2019 at 16:19
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 03:59
Used to fall asleep to Chill Out.  Gave me pleasant dreams.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 04:18
I think Chill Out is fairly unique. It's pre Orb's Ultraworld, but Jimmy Cautey of the KLF was involved with parts of the Orb album, notably the last track.

I love The Chill Out album. Such memories...all of which are fairly hazy.

I can't recommend anything very similar to Chill Out, but if you haven't already, then do check out Lifeforms by Future Sound of London (My avatar is the album cover) I think it's one of the best electronic music albums of all time.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 08:54
I totally understand why
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 08:59
I gave a listen to Lifeforms by FSOL,76 14 by Global Communication, Substrata by Biosphere,but non of them are like Chill Out,so unique,others are pretty dub oriented or not quite dynamic as The KLF trip
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 09:23
there's also this album by jimmy cauty,as a solo project,still nothing like the chill out

2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 00:58
I hadn't heard Chill Out before, just listened to half of it and it's reminiscent of the sound collages of Pierre Henry, Bernard Parmegiani and Luc Ferrari although the KLF have done their own unique thing in making it more ambient, adding the country element and giving it that American flavour Smile.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 11:13
Originally posted by 2dogs 2dogs wrote:

I hadn't heard Chill Out before, just listened to half of it and it's reminiscent of the sound collages of Pierre Henry, Bernard Parmegiani and Luc Ferrari although the KLF have done their own unique thing in making it more ambient, adding the country element and giving it that American flavour Smile.

they ARE pretty unique. never heard of an ambient electronic record such catchy. it's not very cheap on vinyl
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2019 at 02:14
Originally posted by katatonia katatonia wrote:

there's also this album by jimmy cauty,as a solo project,still nothing like the chill out

You know, I was just listening to Chill Out this morning, for the first time in a while - inspired by going to see The Orb live last Saturday in London. Then I remembered this thread, and I thought I must make you aware of this 'Space' album

Obviously you are aware of it. I heard this album back in the day, but never owned it. It's pretty rare, and the CD cost £63 on Amazon. I'm still tempted though....
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2019 at 06:36
As a huge fan of Chill Out I was looking for something in the same vein for years after getting the album...though to no avail.
That is until The Orb released COW / Chill Out World a couple of years back. It is the only album that comes anywhere near that ambient and wonderfully sluggish feel of Chill Out.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNbijG2M7OxQtpjUfqKZus6H7SL3InPS
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 22:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

As a huge fan of Chill Out I was looking for something in the same vein for years after getting the album...though to no avail.
That is until The Orb released COW / Chill Out World a couple of years back. It is the only album that comes anywhere near that ambient and wonderfully sluggish feel of Chill Out.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNbijG2M7OxQtpjUfqKZus6H7SL3InPS

thanks for the suggestion
I gave it a listen,different,not as dynamic as Chill Out but the closest to that for sure.
it's like the elderly and more peaceful version of it,21st century version
 Post Reply Post Reply