Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Track on A Trick of the Tail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Which Of These would you pick?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [25.00%]
14 [19.44%]
3 [4.17%]
11 [15.28%]
2 [2.78%]
11 [15.28%]
4 [5.56%]
9 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 18:54
Mad Man Moon
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2020 at 01:20
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

^ I think it was Mike Rutherford who described Los Endos as their 'Carlos Santana Track' . As I mentioned before I really prefer to have Dance On A Volcano and Los Endos knitted together as they are on Seconds Out. That's probably my only criticism of the album (it is in my all time top five so I have very little negativity towards it)

btw truly terrible joke Paul Ermm

Volcano is the perfect opener, and Los Endos obviously the only track that could have closed the album. They do work perfectly together, I agree, and maybe Squonk would have been a good opener?

It was often the opener for many a live shows. I guessed because it was ideal for the engineers to set the balance right as its very straightforward.

I also don't like the 'throw away' bit at the end of Dance very much , its very 'we really don't know how to end this track do we?!' Smile
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2020 at 01:38

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

^ I think it was Mike Rutherford who described Los Endos as their 'Carlos Santana Track' . As I mentioned before I really prefer to have Dance On A Volcano and Los Endos knitted together as they are on Seconds Out. That's probably my only criticism of the album (it is in my all time top five so I have very little negativity towards it)

btw truly terrible joke Paul Ermm

Volcano is the perfect opener, and Los Endos obviously the only track that could have closed the album. They do work perfectly together, I agree, and maybe Squonk would have been a good opener?

It was often the opener for many a live shows. I guessed because it was ideal for the engineers to set the balance right as its very straightforward.

I also don't like the 'throw away' bit at the end of Dance very much , its very 'we really don't know how to end this track do we?!' Smile

Yeah, the fast section at the end is the weakest part of the song. Banks said at the time he didn't feel the band were very good at playing 'fast'

Trick remains their best album overall IMO. It was the second Genesis album I heard in its entirity, and it quickly became my favourite. ATTWT was the first album I heard, and that remains special to me too.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234