Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans Comment on KE's The Face of Life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miketheorganist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fans Comment on KE's The Face of Life
    Posted: March 13 2019 at 19:07
These are from people who have purchased the record or contributed to the fundraiser, after getting the product.  Granted they were predisposed to like it but for a band that has played three festivals and is STILL trying to make a real dent in this thing, comments like these are priceless.  It's available on Bandcamp, CD Baby and Melodic Revolution (where you can also get vinyl) and of course, from the band (drop me a note on Facebook.) Thanks, Mike Visaggio

DENNIS GERRON Please do keeping making music. You guys are awesome, and the world needs more great music. Highly recommend this album. Mike Visaggio, Peter Matuchniak, and the rest of the band have really created something special here.

GORDO BENNETT Keep the awesome music coming Mike! You guys rocked down the house!! Cheers!!

MIKE SUES Got my package of CDs from Mike Visaggio today! Listening to the new Kinetic Element CD and really liking it; great job guys!

STEVEN DAVIES-MORRIS   I think with this 3rd album Kinetic Element have hit a vein of gold. Well done Mike Visaggio! They have been substantially upgraded in the lead vocals department with the addition of Saint John Coleman. And also upgraded in the lead guitar department. Not so much technically but more in that Peter Matuchniak brings his grasp of all things Hackett into play, which dovetails perfectly with the huge symphonic aspirations of keyboardist Mike Visaggio. And Mike is playing at a level that can only be described as Banksian. This album is well worth buying.

ROB WARHEAD THOMAS  The Face of Life ....7:12 PM Hey brother..The cd dropped yesterday.It's truly awesome! The real test comes when I walk my dog out here on my sprawling property in the country with my Nakamichi Edge headphones on. Sounds like your best yet! The sincerest of thanks for the autographs and I'm SUPREMELY happy to have this to listen to. I'm off tomorrow then I'll be taking this with me on road @Fedex Express where I drive and deliver out ...in the country!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAMES JONES  Hi all; I have am so excited to have the new album The Face of Life. Have it in rotation now, and am just plain jazzed. Real and powerful progressive rock, created right here in Richmond VA :) :) :) This is great songwriting, beautiful and precise playing, and the synergy of collaboration we expect from our great prog artists. Congrats Mike and the gang, I love this music. Can't wait to get to Richmond to see and meet you all, and hopefully to also find you all out and about on tour :) What a blast! Must be SO fun to have such music out that you created. I am giving many listens so I can even begin to understand all the interweaving parts and patterns in this music. You have given me MUCH joy!

More from JAMES JONES   Hey, I have to recognize everybody - Mike: amazing and VERY solid keys - I want to learn your rig and what went into choosing it! Spot on organ, sweeping synths, and all the other surprise add-ins I want in progressive rock music. You da best. Michael Murray - outstanding drums & percussion: you are talented and powerful. This group has to be so happy you are holding all this powerful music together, and lifting it into the stratosphere! Mark Tupko, I can only say I miss Chris Squire so dreadfully, and you play so powerfully and intricately, your playing makes me happy like his did. Way to go, you are a master. Saint John Coleman, mastering the vocals for prog is a real blend of art and craft. You are expressive, and very skilled. When no one is listening, please tell me the skinny on how many takes (lol). Great singing. Keep those pipes fit. We need to hear a lot more from you. Peter - what a guitarist. What a guitarist! WHAT A GUITARIST!!!!! Jeez, guys, please put this out on vinyl!!!!! Way to go!

MARK TYRNAUER  Got my copy of The Face of Life Friday night and gave it a listen yesterday - wow! I have been a fan and friends with these guys for some time, and now with Peter's guitar work I am an even bigger fan. It also doesn't hurt to get your name in the booklet as a supporter. Keep it up guys, can't wait for the follow-up!

JOHN GIORDANO  Listening right now and duly impressed. The sound is spectacular. Congrats KE, worth the wait. Already looking forward to part two...

JEFF MAISEY  As a kid 8-12 years old I used to sink into my beanbag chair with the stereo headphones on and lights turned off save for the blue glow of the "tuner" and was transported by the prog rock of Yes, very early Kansas, Starcastle and Gentle Giant. Imagine my surprise in hearing this new album from John Coleman and his band that are sonically well-schooled in these musical compositions right down to the bass lines, Wakeman-like keyboards, guitar and vocal phrasings. Very impressed with this album. A must for prog rock fans. Hurray!

JAE SENNETT  Just finished listening to the new Kinetic Element The Face of Life. As s teenager I listened much to the so called "Art Rock" or "Prog" movement and this record takes me back to the days of ELP, Yes, King Crimson and many more from that era and concept. I'm not comparing but it's the vibe and it's a great vibe. This isn't an easy record to produce. The layers...writing...playing...singing...sequencing...pacing and recording quality...are all top notch! This music requires great musicianship to make it work. You need more than a fundamental understanding of harmonic movement, improvisation or rhythmic variation to play this music...musically. I heard sections of this record as it was coming together. My friend, lead singer John Coleman and I, talked about the project and its concept and direction. Now that I hear it completed I want to congratulate John and all the musicians in the band. You all did a fantastic job! Outstanding musicianship, vision and conceptual direction. I wish you much success with this record and while it connects deeply with my generation, younger listeners will find common ground that like variation and something thoughtful and unpredictable to listen to. A recommended listen and another exciting release from 757 talent!

PAUL FRESHNOCK   I heard it on Progstreaming.com. An outstanding piece of work gentlemen!

BART BROWN Let me just say Thank You to Saint John Coleman for dropping by with this masterpiece. The music is Epic. The album's production is perfect. I can see why he is so proud to have been part of such phenomenal work. I have local stuff from others who have gone out and put their work on cd and the fact that I love their efforts makes me buy and support local artist everyone should. Today however, was a little different it was like a Christmas present it was a joy to take in not only the words but the total commitment the band has together which delivers near perfect sound. I was lost in the music finding myself on some kind of cloud forgetting all that surrounded me. This made me feel as though I was listening to Yes only slightly less edgy more clean overall made a little less hard core which made the music sound smoother. Congratulations on a job more than just well done. It was put out of the park. I happened to drop some off at Birdland Records with Barry Friedman and Robert Friedman. Drop by and ask for a listen it's 4 songs but 48 minutes so just buy it and take it home lie down and crank it up with some headphones so you can take it all in. Great work once again John.
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
 Post Reply Post Reply