Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about writing reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about writing reviews
    Posted: March 16 2019 at 10:43
This is something that would probably only apply to me and maybe a few others. Several years ago I was a member on here under a different name. I'm not going to go into details and don't want to mention much about that here. However, I have noticed that the reviews I wrote are still up even though I haven't logged in under that user name in a few years. Recently I have thought about writing some reviews again and would like to know if I should just not include those reviews or maybe send someone(an administrator on here obviously)a pm and have the old reviews deleted. I would prefer to copy and paste the old reviews before that happens though rather than write them again. I understand it would probably not be allowed to have two reviews under different names for the same person and I get that. I'm just wondering how to to go about this if I want those reviews to appear under my current user name(if possible). Thanks.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 07:34
^ Please contact admins, I think.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 07:52
Just copy the old reviews you want to keep to post under the new name and when you're ready tell us the old username from which we'll wipe out all reviews.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 08:08
^ Should I mention the old username here or is there someone specific I can contact? I would prefer it to be someone responding in this thread.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 08:21
Just tell me the old username and I'll take care of it if you've already saved everything you need.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 09:00
No, I didn't do it yet but I'll send you a pm when I do. It will probably take me a while since there's about 16 of them. Also, will the reviews just be transferred or will I have to post them again(not that it matters just wondering)?

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 17 2019 at 09:01
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 09:12
^Well that depends on what you want me to do.

Either you give me the reviews which you want transferred to your profile, and I'd want that in the form of a list of review id's if there isn't that many of them and they won't show up as new reviews or anything, or you copy all of them locally and post them at your leisure whenever you want to and they get to be exposed to home page again and all I have to do is delete your old profile reviews.

I would prefer the second method if it's a big number of reviews cause there is no way for us to transfer all reviews from one user to another, we can only do it manually one by one.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 09:36
I prefer the second method too since I don't mind doing the "leg work" and also would prefer them to show up again(never too much exposure for prog albums right?). Also, I might want to edit some of them so they are more up to date(some of my reviews start with "just listened to this last night" or include other information that is now a bit dated and not relevant(ie mentions of old websites etc.). 

Like I said there are 16 reviews. Not sure if you consider that large or not(I guess it's relative). Anyway, I already started on this. I will send you a pm with the old user name after I finish copying and pasting the old profiles so you can then delete the old reviews. Thanks.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 17 2019 at 09:37
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 17:39
Ok, done copying and pasting my old reviews(finally) so I'll be sending you a pm shortly.
 Post Reply Post Reply