Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Les Claypool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Les Claypool
    Posted: March 18 2019 at 04:26
Wanting to access a more or less complete discography-cum-reviews of the Colonel's output, I seem to notice that, although some of it is present on these pages (Primus for instance), there's no entry for Les himself, for the awesome Fearless Flying Frog Brigade or the Claypool Lennon Delirium. Well as it happens I'm listening to the latest (2019) CLD release "South Of Reality" as I'm typing this, and it sounds to me like prog of the finest and purest persuasion, and the same could be said of Claypool's own "Of Fungi And Foe" or the FFFB "Live Frogs Set 2" which is a live cover of the whole Floyd's "Animals" album.<p>
And so it'd be nice if the great (imho) man was given the space he deserves on PA.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 04:51
Oysterhead !!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 05:51
The Claypool Lennon Delirium was proposed back in 2016. Since that thread is locked, I guess it didn't make the cut. CLD should be re-evaluated for Psychedelic/Space Rock in light of their new album which sounds a lot more "proggier" than their debut.

CLD's new album South of Reality on Spotify:

I don't know enough about Claypool's entire discography to make a comment.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 10:31
^The new Claypool Lennon Delirium album sounds very Beatles inspired at a first glance, needs some time

Kaelka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 11:03
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

^The new Claypool Lennon Delirium album sounds very Beatles inspired at a first glance, needs some time

I had the same feeling.
 Post Reply Post Reply