2 [25.00%]
1 [12.50%]
5 [62.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-Crsck the Skye Mastodon
    Posted: March 23 2019 at 02:40
which Mastodon album has grown the most on you of the post-Elemental albums. These albums are crazy dence, powerful durges of malevolence.

Is it the wooded sphinx of carved mystery, the multiversal gemstone dragophonix or the scilent scurge of dry wrath you attatch your music-cells towards.

Edited by Icarium - March 24 2019 at 07:45
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 02:50
Post-elemental ??   I really enjoy their first 2 (Remission and Leviathan) but they kinda went too melodic after that, not that they’re bad, mind.

Edited by Tom Ozric - March 23 2019 at 02:50
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 03:53
the albums before Crack the Skye are the post-elemental albums

Edited by Icarium - March 23 2019 at 09:39
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 08:42
Probably I like Emperor of Sand a little more that the other two, so it gets my vote.
Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasartir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 08:05
Crack the Skye is the only thing by Mastodon I can listen to. They need to release longer, more melodical songs for me to get back into them. No vote.
...Histoires Sans Paroles...
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 03:41
What’s with Once More ‘Round the Sun ?? I bought this upon release and was rather disappointed. It’s O.K., has a handful of great tunes, but boy does it sound commercial.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 05:55
I think it is quite good after ceveral relistenings, some really cool and avant sections, Mastodon to me never sounds normal. they have a uniqueness which comes through,
 Post Reply Post Reply