Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: March 23 2019 at 09:22
Hello!

My name is VicRelayer. I came from Spain and I'm 24 years old. 

I listen to Rock music since my childhood, and when I was 18 years old I discovered bands like The Alan Parsons Project, Yes or Pink Floyd that made me loving Prog. Actually I'm living a great voyage trying to listen the infinite quantity of classic bands: Van der Graaf Generator, Kaipa, Premiata Forneria Marconi... In my opinion, the greatest thing of Rock music is that you always have some new to listen. 

My other favourite styles are the classic Heavy Metal and Hard Rock from the 70's. Bands like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden were my favourites when I was 12 or 13 years old, and today I still enjoy their albums. 

I came here to discover classic Prog albums, and because this forum brings me the opportunity of practising my English talking with people with similar musical affinities. 

See you!
¡Nos vemos!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 09:32
Welcome! There is lot of great hard rock in the late 60s and early 70s. Check out "Sea Shanties" by High Tide; probably the heaviest album that came out 1969.

Edited by BaldFriede - March 23 2019 at 12:14

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
VicRelayer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 12:05
Thank you, already in my headphones Smile
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 02:16
Nice to have you, welcome to PA  ~
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 06:53
Bienvenidos! Yeah, that debut by High Tide is outstanding! You want prog, you came to the right place. Kids in a candy store, we are!

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 10:10
Nice to be here!

You're right, syLLy puPPy, this is a candy store full of delicious prog caramels LOL

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 19:52
Welcome to the site.  Enjoy your musical journey.  Prog is like a box of chocolates, you have to try out a lot of bad ones until you find the ones you love.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 08:18
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Welcome to the site.  Enjoy your musical journey.  Prog is like a box of chocolates, you have to try out a lot of bad ones until you find the ones you love.

Thank you!

A few months ago, in an English language class, the teacher asked me about Canada. I talked about Rush and Frank Marino Smile
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 19:19
Originally posted by VicRelayer VicRelayer wrote:

Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Thank you!

A few months ago, in an English language class, the teacher asked me about Canada. I talked about Rush and Frank Marino Smile

Great bands. Clap Next time you can tell the teacher about Devin Townsend too after you look him up here.

Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 07:11
Welcome VicRelayer!  I share some of your tastes (although not heavy metal), but I do love Yes, and Relayer is one of my all time favourite albums

There is certainly lots to discover here, so enjoy yourself!

Best wishes
Songs cast a light on you
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 00:39
Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Welcome VicRelayer!  I share some of your tastes (although not heavy metal), but I do love Yes, and Relayer is one of my all time favourite albums

There is certainly lots to discover here, so enjoy yourself!

Best wishes

Thanks!
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 07:57

Greetings, you will find so much information here!  I have noticed that like you, many progressive music fans love to hear music that is new to them and you will find a LOT as you explore the site.

PS: Your English is just fine!  Way better than my Spanish!  Although I do work in a bilingual environment, and understand quite a bit, I do not attempt to write or speak it, at least not at this point.  You are doing quite well! Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 10:51
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Greetings, you will find so much information here!  I have noticed that like you, many progressive music fans love to hear music that is new to them and you will find a LOT as you explore the site.

PS: Your English is just fine!  Way better than my Spanish!  Although I do work in a bilingual environment, and understand quite a bit, I do not attempt to write or speak it, at least not at this point.  You are doing quite well! Smile

Thank you!

¡Muchas gracias!
 Post Reply Post Reply