Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bilbo Baggins or Frodo Baggins

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: whom is your favoured Hobbit-protagonist?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [50.00%]
3 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bilbo Baggins or Frodo Baggins
    Posted: March 26 2019 at 18:01
Two of ths most famous protagonists in all of fiction, archetypal characters with a imposible task at hand. 

Frodo works over a longer and more detaled story, one get to know more of the character and ond goes to all different emotions while reading, joy, intrigue, fear, hope, awe, irritation, anger, and tranquility throughout hes journey. One share hes bourdon in a painstaking way.

Bilbo is also a complex character. Almost equal amount of emotive feats, though the sence lf adventure and surprise is clearer.

both are heroic, but Frodo is more affected by the obvious weight of being a ringbarer. Yet Bilbo is more skilled fighter and seems more clever and skillfull at problemsolving.

So whom is your favourite of these two.

Edited by Icarium - March 26 2019 at 18:06
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 18:05
Frodo, obviously.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 18:05

...but Frodo for me.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 07:27
Haven't read this stuff in ages but I remember Bilbo as the far more interesting character.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 08:02
This is very difficult, must think upon it for a while.  

Your description of each is pretty right-on....thinking also that throughout the tales, we meet Bilbo when he is, after all, Eleventy One, so perhaps that is why he is more skilled throughout.  I have read and re-read the books many times over the years, and The Silmarillion, and always get more from them each time, notice things I forget, etc.  And loved the film trilogy, especially.  I have seen The Hobbit, but not the other related films that came later (but earlier in terms of time).  I also love the very irreverent Bored of the Rings, although I've only read it twice, once on publication and once about 10 years ago.  

So will get back on this one.  Great topic/poll.

Edited by Snicolette - March 29 2019 at 08:03
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 09:06
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Your description of each is pretty right-on....thinking also that throughout the tales, we meet Bilbo when he is, after all, Eleventy One, so perhaps that is why he is more skilled throughout.  I have read and re-read the books many times over the years, and The Silmarillion, and always get more from them each time, notice things I forget, etc.  And loved the film trilogy, especially.  I have seen The Hobbit, but not the other related films that came later (but earlier in terms of time).  I also love the very irreverent Bored of the Rings, although I've only read it twice, once on publication and once about 10 years ago.  

I also loved Bored of the Rings, which I bought when I was 12.  Like my copies of Mad Magazine, it was a guilty kept under-the-bed sort of pleasure.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 09:18
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

I also loved Bored of the Rings, which I bought when I was 12.  Like my copies of Mad Magazine, it was a guilty kept under-the-bed sort of pleasure.
Dildo and Frito for the win!
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 09:38
LOL  Mascodagama!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 09:39
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

It is hilarious!  I also still read Mad Magazine, subscribed it for my son (Wink)  when he was about 10.  
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 10:41
Both are interesting characters, but I have more affinity with Frodo, so...

Edited by someone_else - March 29 2019 at 10:41
 Post Reply Post Reply