Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which songs gives you "'goosebumps''

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lydianlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which songs gives you "'goosebumps''
    Posted: April 01 2019 at 12:49
Hi guys. Please post the songs or the specific parts that give you absolutely goosebumps. That is the best songs you have ever listened to that gives you that ''full'' feeling.

To name one for me is the song: Alaska, by Shadow Gallery.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 15:23
This is a hard one, because there are so many to choose from. Aqualung (specially the guitar solo), The Musical Box (mainly the ending part), Voyage of the Acolyte, Heart of the Sunrise, Tarkus, etc. Way too many to mention.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 16:10
Scorched Earth - VDGG

fredyair View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredyair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 16:55
Aquatarkus, Steve Rothery's Ghosts of Pripyat (the whole album) Big Big Train's The Underfall Yard (specially the violin solo), Neal Morse Band's Broken Skies/Long Day and so many more... 
Long live Progresive music!
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 17:05
only Johann Sebastian Bach gives me goosebumps

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 17:18
end of Awaken--end of CTTE---end of Revealing---end of Ritual---end of The Remembering
end of Suppers Ready---Mad Man Moon--end of Musical box--Dukes travels---end of One for the Vine

plus a lot more---some may not be prog
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2019 at 18:45

Peter Hammill - A Way Out 20091210

https://youtu.be/Fptrz5CzHjw

Edited by MFP - April 01 2019 at 18:53
Kaelka View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 02:25
Genesis "The Cinema Show" - King Crimson "Fallen Angel" - Oldfield "Tubular Bells Pt 1" (the end) - Gwendal "Planxty Birke" and "PbKata"...
… to name but a very few !
Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neu!mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 07:22
Anything involving bass pedals: think Firth of Fifth or Starship Trooper, etc
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 08:12
I just listened to Supertramp
-A Soapbox Opera
-Another Man's Woman
-Just A Normal Day
-School
-Rudy
-Crime of the Century
-Travelled
-Rosie Had Everything Planned

in order... Chills .. My #2 group ever.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 14:47
"Starless"
"Untitled" Porcupine Tree
"Parable"John Abercrombie
"Once I Was" Tim Buckley
"Don't Give Up" Peter Gabriel
and thousands more.
PROGMATIC
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 14:59
Gates of Delirium(the middle part) and firth of fifth(guitar solo) come to mind. Of course there are others as well but those are the two that come to mind for me immediately.

Also, tubular bells(especially towards the end with the naming of musical instruments).

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 02 2019 at 15:01
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 18:54
The bridge in Crimso's Red. The song is essentially about terror.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 20:39
First one that comes to mind is KC's Exiles.   Something about that song just gets me.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 20:51
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

First one that comes to mind is KC's Exiles.   Something about that song just gets me.

Yep. That whole album is pretty amazing but that song gives me the warm fuzzies too and is their best slower tune since epitaph.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 21:07
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Yep. That whole album is pretty amazing but that song gives me the warm fuzzies too and is their best slower tune since epitaph.

Yep, great recording all told.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2019 at 23:24
Talking of KC , when I saw them live last year it was the track Islands that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was totally unexpected.
Braka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 10:02
While thinking about this I remembered a moment on a car trip in 1997. 

I was visiting the USA and was staying a few days with a friend in northern California. Sometime in the past year I'd introduced him to Guided by voices. This is in my pre-tinnitus days because we were driving along with 'Don't Stop Now', from their then current album 'Under the Bushes Under the Stars' blasting on his car stereo at such volume that it could probably have been heard in Oregon.  During the end section he attracted my attention and smiled and pointed to his arm, which was covered in ridiculously pronounced goosebumps.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 10:04

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Yep, great recording all told.

I remember it taking me a long time to get into when I first heard it when I was around 16 years old. It just sounded so odd and out there and I never heard anything like it. Actually, I think one of the things I like about it is that it's so off the wall. However, I think islands(and maybe even Lizard)are weirder.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 12:01
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Talking of KC , when I saw them live last year it was the track Islands that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was totally unexpected.

Were you too close to the amps...?

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>