Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which songs gives you "'goosebumps''

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 12:15
David Bowie - Lazarus
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 01:34
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Talking of KC , when I saw them live last year it was the track Islands that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was totally unexpected.

Were you too close to the amps...?

;)

haLOL
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 03:02
When I was a kid the guitar in the quiet section of the live version of "The Knife" by Genesis gave me goosebumps.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 03:28
There’s goosebumps ‘chilling’ and there’s goosebumps ‘euphoric’ ..... I don’t get it......??
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 04:41
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Talking of KC , when I saw them live last year it was the track Islands that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was totally unexpected.

That's a reaction I never have. I wonder why. Wink

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 16:45
Far, far too many to mention!
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 17:52
Can's Spoon, particularly the drums. After the Flood by Talk Talk. Big Ship by Cardiacs. Human Behaviour and Yoga (orchestral live version) by Bjoerk. Traeum mal wieder/Dream Again von Holger Czukay. Morpheus Miracle Maker by North Sea Radio Orchestra.

Edited by Lewian - April 06 2019 at 17:54
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 20:56

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 21:20
The Snowgoose (whole album) 

Big smile
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 21:47
The moments the fuzzy guitars start up in Can’s 19 Century Man, Amon Düül II’s Dem Guten, Schonen, Wahren, Tangerine Dream’s Journey Through A Burning Brain.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 22:04
Kate Bush - Moving, Lionheart, and this one...

progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2019 at 06:04
Just today, the acoustic guitar and piano solos on Jean-Luc Ponty's "Gardens of Babylon".

PROGMATIC
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2019 at 16:03
"ten years gone"  LZ

paisanojac View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisanojac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2019 at 13:37
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

There’s goosebumps ‘chilling’ and there’s goosebumps ‘euphoric’ ..... I don’t get it......??

Right.....not sure which kind was meant, but perhaps either or even other words to describe the cause of the goosebumps.  Oh.......here's the thread starter's definition below:
Originally posted by Lydianlover Lydianlover wrote:

Hi guys. Please post the songs or the specific parts that give you absolutely goosebumps. That is the best songs you have ever listened to that gives you that ''full'' feeling.

For me I can't list all of them, but here are some:

Marillion  "Easter" especially the guitar solo, but also some of the lyrics/vocals for that.
Ad Infinitum "Waterline" guitar solo and vocal harmonies
YES  "Awaken".....just wow!  Nice visual when YES shot off the white confetti near the climax of the song in concert.
Roine Stolt  "Dissonata"
YES  "Close To The Edge", especially the climax/vocal chorus near the end.
Big Big Train  "Winchester Diver" particularly the dramatic vocal refrain.
Kate Bush (too many to list)
YES  "Going For The One"
Echolyn  "A Little Nonsense"
Marillion  "The Last Straw" (whole band & Tessa Niles' voice WAILING!!)
King Crimson  "Red"
Leger de Main  "Silent Monster"

Non-Prog:  Imogen Heap  "Oh Me, Oh My" and "Come Here, Boy".

Edited by paisanojac - April 16 2019 at 13:38
mon40 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 11:09
Phideaux: Microdeath Softstar - When the full orchestra is playing
Unitopia: The Great Reward
Mars Hollow: Dawn of Creation
Ostura: Opening of album and Dubstep portion in Duality and the surge.
Genesis: First of Fifth - You know the part 
Yes: Siberian Katru
BBT: Judas Unrepentant
Vanden Plas: Gethsemane (cover)
Porcupine Tree: Arriving somewhere but not here.  Trains
Steven Wilson: Happy Returns. The Raven That Refused to Sing
Ill probably be back with more. 

Edited by mon40 - April 17 2019 at 11:13
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 19:41
Three that come to mind for me are While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles, The title track to The Grand Wazoo by my man Frank, and The Dabsong Conshirtoe by Caravan.

Edited by YESESIS - April 17 2019 at 19:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 20:51
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Three that come to mind for me are While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles, The title track to The Grand Wazoo by my man Frank, and The Dabsong Conshirtoe by Caravan.

The last few minutes of Dabsong is just amazing. I especially like the way it goes back to the theme from the first song on the album. It's almost a bit of a trainwreck but somehow it works. Smile That album sometimes gets a bad rap but that one track definitely saves it imo. 

As for Frank the one by him that stands out for me is "Peaches en regalia." 

Anyway, another one for me is "the fountain of lamneth part 1" by Rush(especially the first few minutes with the opening guitar riff). 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 17 2019 at 20:56
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 20:58
[Genesis: First of Fifth - You know the part ]

No, really I don't but I'm guessing either the flute solo or guitar solo. 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 21:15
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The last few minutes of Dabsong is just amazing. I especially like the way it goes back to the theme from the first song on the album. It's almost a bit of a trainwreck but somehow it works.  // < ="text/" ="https://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/s/04b3eb47/cloudflare-static/mirage2.min.js"> Smile That album sometimes gets a bad rap but that one track definitely saves it imo. 

As for Frank the one by him that stands out for me is "Peaches en regalia." 

Anyway, another one for me is "the fountain of lamneth part 1" by Rush(especially the first few minutes with the opening guitar riff). 

Yeah Peaches is obviously a well loved classic by Frank. So is Inca Roads. But he has so many great tunes, almost impossible to pick just one.. for me anyway. I'll have to check out that Rush song sometime. I do like them, just a little burned out on them(Floyd same).
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 09:52
Treatise of Cosmic Fire by Todd Rundgren 
CYMRU AM BYTH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>