Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which songs gives you "'goosebumps''

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 00:13
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Talking of KC , when I saw them live last year it was the track Islands that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was totally unexpected.

That's a reaction I never have. I wonder why. Wink

Mmmm what 
Oda To The Freaks...take time out of the rat race otherwise life will SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 03:05
Wow, I've had goosebumps from so many songs, but I'll pick out a couple:

Yes - "And You And I". The part where the music swells and Jon comes in with "Coming quickly to terms of all expression laid. Emotion revealed is the ocean maid". Gets me every time, even after 30 years.

VdGG "La Rossa" from "Still Life".
"Drown me drown me now and hold me down before your naked hunger, burn me on the altar of the night. Give me life!"
That powerful sense of longing for something seemingly unobtainable, but which will provide ultimate meaning and fulfillment.
Such a powerful emotion and certainly gives me shivers.

Also, from the same album, the ending of "Childlike Faith in Childhoods End":
"And though dark is the highway, and the peaks distance breaks my heart, for I never shall see it still I play my part. Believing that what waits for us is the cosmos compared to the dust of the past. In the death of mere humans life shall start."
Powerful stuff that never fails to bring a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.
Songs cast a light on you
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 09:36

Psychotic Waltz - Into the Everflow

Genesis - Burning Rope

Dead Can Dance - The Carnival is Over
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 10:36
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The last few minutes of Dabsong is just amazing. I especially like the way it goes back to the theme from the first song on the album. It's almost a bit of a trainwreck but somehow it works.  // < ="text/" ="https://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/s/04b3eb47/cloudflare-static/mirage2.min.js"> Smile That album sometimes gets a bad rap but that one track definitely saves it imo. 

As for Frank the one by him that stands out for me is "Peaches en regalia." 

Anyway, another one for me is "the fountain of lamneth part 1" by Rush(especially the first few minutes with the opening guitar riff). 

Yeah Peaches is obviously a well loved classic by Frank. So is Inca Roads. But he has so many great tunes, almost impossible to pick just one.. for me anyway. I'll have to check out that Rush song sometime. I do like them, just a little burned out on them(Floyd same).

Well, stop listening to the radio and listen to the actual albums. The radio ruins music because they play the same songs over and over again. Wink
When you list all the qualities that you despise and you realize you're describing yourself.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 13:10
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

//

Well, stop listening to the radio and listen to the actual albums. The radio ruins music because they play the same songs over and over again. Wink

This is true, haha.
TCat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 14:16
There are a lot of songs that give me goosebumps, but the most consistent artist that does so currently is Devin Townsend.  Oh, and King Crimson of course.

Classically, I would have to go with Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Bartok and Ravel 
What are you looking down here for?
Lewian View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 16:55
Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Wow, I've had goosebumps from so many songs, but I'll pick out a couple:

Yes - "And You And I". The part where the music swells and Jon comes in with "Coming quickly to terms of all expression laid. Emotion revealed is the ocean maid". Gets me every time, even after 30 years.

VdGG "La Rossa" from "Still Life".
"Drown me drown me now and hold me down before your naked hunger, burn me on the altar of the night. Give me life!"
That powerful sense of longing for something seemingly unobtainable, but which will provide ultimate meaning and fulfillment.
Such a powerful emotion and certainly gives me shivers.

Also, from the same album, the ending of "Childlike Faith in Childhoods End":
"And though dark is the highway, and the peaks distance breaks my heart, for I never shall see it still I play my part. Believing that what waits for us is the cosmos compared to the dust of the past. In the death of mere humans life shall start."
Powerful stuff that never fails to bring a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

Great posting, although I've loved these already, it puts them wonderfully in the spotlight. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic