FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My ultimate dream is for......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My ultimate dream is for......
    Posted: April 17 2019 at 12:20
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

My dream is for Kate Bush to release a new album more often than once a decade and to tour again before I die.

I'm happy to sign that petition.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 08:17
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Classic Genesis to reform and do a double CD with a 100 minute epic called The Last Supper....with two other 30 minute tracks called Picture House and The River of Constant Change....if collins cant drum get in portnoy...

Portnoy in Genesis? No.

My dream is for Kate Bush to release a new album more often than once a decade and to tour again before I die.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2019 at 16:59

My ultimate dream is for......

Win Powerball.......?!
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2019 at 03:11
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

The planet to be cleaned up & the politicians to all go away.

All human beings to go away would be good for the rest of the planet though.

Nothing more true than this could be written, spoken or thought about by anybody, today, tomorrow or any other day....
We should have cleaned up the planet years ago, as now the damage we have wrought is so entrenched that it is irreversible. I hate to say that, but....

Surely it would only be irreversible as long as we were still here...
Maybe you have a point, there, but only if we were all given the boot...right away, and permanently!

Mother Earth would be happySmile

I want humanity to survive, but I would like to see humanities birth rates go down around the world/ to see negative population growth. I would like to see more population control, but done humanely and fairly. It seems to me that members of the elite want more and more consumers and workers, but it's not sustainable. It's a very tricky issue.

I want to see nature survive (including humanity), and I want a shift in thinking for some who think that we are above nature (have dominion), and that we can exploit the world's resources as we see fit.

I want to see an increase in rational scepticism, and for more children around the world to be encouraged to think critically. I'd also like to see more altruism in the world.
Find me a flying teapot and I may leave, instead of them all.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 12:10
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Classic Genesis to reform and do a double CD with a 100 minute epic called The Last Supper....with two other 30 minute tracks called Picture House and The River of Constant Change....if collins cant drum get in portnoy...

I like this but replace Portnoy with Gavin Harrison
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 10:39

Edited by M27Barney - April 15 2019 at 10:40
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2019 at 08:04

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I would have on my top ten THE INCREDIBLE STRING BAND, AMON DUUL 2, CAN, ANGE, BANCO and a couple of others, and YES and ELP would also be there. THE DOORS would also be there, as would FRANK ZAPPA.

HAPPY LISTENING!

That's 9 and leaves just one space for "a couple of others". Tongue

More than likely DJAM KARET, whose first 5 or 6 albums, almost make KC's versions of "progressive" sound down right pop'ish! And finicky! At least you can get some serious untouched improvisations in Djam Karet, and it feels like you are getting a Miles live on stage, or something like it ... but myself, or many others, are not EVER going to get folks off their top ten to listen to anything else ... even when I say that Terje Rypdal in EOS is as if Jimi Hendirx was doing a duet with a cello/bass ... in a "chamber music" style ... the idea alone scares folks that have only heard Jimi do 5 songs! Or Ax Genrich doing the Jimi that was no longer with us!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 21:09
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

My ultimate dream would be for Helmut Koellen to have played with Horslips on the Tain album. That way, two different people would actually agree that neither got the recognition they deserved.
Sadly, Greg, I see the point you are illuminating. And yours will be the only comment related to what I said, that will show on this thread, I can wager.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 06:27

I would have on my top ten THE INCREDIBLE STRING BAND, AMON DUUL 2, CAN, ANGE, BANCO and a couple of others, and YES and ELP would also be there. THE DOORS would also be there, as would FRANK ZAPPA.

HAPPY LISTENING!

TYRANNOSAURUS REX maybe Star.

"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 06:14

HAPPY LISTENING!

Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 21:26
That Jon Anderson would try to make a new Yes with Rick Wakeman, Steve Hackett, Geddy Lee, and Carl Palmer.

That Steven Wilson would make a new rock / ambient project with David Gilmour, Marius Duda, Kevin Moore, and Chris Maitland.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 20:51
Originally posted by BarryGlibb BarryGlibb wrote:

As the years roll on, the significance of The Tain to me has grown even greater than when I first heard it back in the 70s. It has an indescribable feel; a special something that I, as a listener, can appreciate.

It has a mystic story, great musicianship, melodies, impeccable vocal harmonies plus 3 lead singers, who all have great voices.....sort of what The Beatles would be doing in the 70s if they were Irish!

If our top ten only did BANDS, Horslips would likely make it listed in there, and deservedly so ... how high, depends on how much listening most folks here have done to many albums from around the world in many other countries.

This is not to diminish the great musicianship in many of the favorites always mentioned here, but we really should make it clear, much more clear, that there is just as good musicianship elsewhere that deserves not only a GOOD listen (I always get the feeling folks only listen to a minute or two of the album and immediately say that this person copies that person, and this person sounds like that person, simply because they are playing a Farfisa, or something else ... which is ridiculous ... we do not go around saying that about classical players that work on a violin, or on a flute ... so going around saying that is like ... I think it says that folks don't listen to music at all ... just hits!

HAPPY LISTENING!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 14:05
My ultimate dream would be for Helmut Koellen to have played with Horslips on the Tain album. That way, two different people would actually agree that neither got the recognition they deserved.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 12:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

for someone to invent calorie free cheese and Melissa O'Neil to decide I'm the most eligible man on the planet and demand to marry me immediately.

It may surprise you to find out that calories and fat are complete red herrings. Sugars and carbs including bread are the real problem, meat, eggs and dairy are just fine.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 01:35
for someone to invent calorie free cheese and Melissa O'Neil to decide I'm the most eligible man on the planet and demand to marry me immediately.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 12:59

Nothing more true than this could be written, spoken or thought about by anybody, today, tomorrow or any other day....
We should have cleaned up the planet years ago, as now the damage we have wrought is so entrenched that it is irreversible. I hate to say that, but....

Maybe you have a point, there, but only if we were all given the boot...right away, and permanently!

I want humanity to survive, but I would like to see humanities birth rates go down around the world/ to see negative population growth. I would like to see more population control, but done humanely and fairly. It seems to me that members of the elite want more and more consumers and workers, but it's not sustainable. It's a very tricky issue.

I want to see nature survive (including humanity), and I want a shift in thinking for some who think that we are above nature (have dominion), and that we can exploit the world's resources as we see fit.

I want to see an increase in rational scepticism, and for more children around the world to be encouraged to think critically. I'd also like to see more altruism in the world.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 11:07
Anybody wanting to be a politician, should be disqualified immediately. However, homo sapiens is as driven by natural selection as any other species and the eventual extinction of the naked ape is possibly only going to.be avoided by space colonization...
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 09:51

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 07:10

essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 06:29

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>