Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My ultimate dream is for......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My ultimate dream is for......
    Posted: April 11 2019 at 12:05
The Tàin by Horslips to be voted the greatest of all prog albums.

It should be; and I do not care what others state!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 12:30
No, it should be Weasels Ripped My Flesh.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 13:16
Barry....I would be interested to hear why you think it qualifies for that honor.
No joke.... btw.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 16:33
...Tim Smith to appear in some new music.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 17:32
The planet to be cleaned up & the politicians to all go away.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 19:37
For prog to be appreciated for what it is, not as a commercial, money making trend that pop music has become.  
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2019 at 20:44
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

While Univers Zero is playing in the background? LOLWink
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 01:04
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Barry....I would be interested to hear why you think it qualifies for that honor.
No joke.... btw.

I believe that Horslips are not given the recognition that they deserve. This site is dominated by the Yes/Genesis/KC/PF/JT appreciators and acts like Horslips seem to get dismissed and never discussed at length.

As the years roll on, the significance of The Tain to me has grown even greater than when I first heard it back in the 70s. It has an indescribable feel; a special something that I, as a listener, can appreciate.

It has a mystic story, great musicianship, melodies, impeccable vocal harmonies plus 3 lead singers, who all have great voices.....sort of what The Beatles would be doing in the 70s if they were Irish!

The Tain has left an everlasting impression on me.

Yes, I have Thick As A Brick as the #1 prog album but I would love The Tain to be known by everyone.

Edited by BarryGlibb - April 12 2019 at 01:06
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 02:16
For Triumvirat's Helmut Koellen to get the recognition he truly deserves, for his solo album to be released on CD, and for his song "Mainstreet" to become a big hit!
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 04:24

For stupid procrastination I regularly read user comments on Brexit on the BBC webpage, and to me the probability seems low that if all the current politicians are gone we'll get better ones. (There may be good people with a talent for decision making around, but neither democracy nor dictatorship and probably not even anarchy will bring them in the positions where they should be.)   

All human beings to go away would be good for the rest of the planet though.

Edited by Lewian - April 12 2019 at 04:25
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 05:29
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Nothing more true than this could be written, spoken or thought about by anybody, today, tomorrow or any other day....
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 06:02
Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

Nothing more true than this could be written, spoken or thought about by anybody, today, tomorrow or any other day....
We should have cleaned up the planet years ago, as now the damage we have wrought is so entrenched that it is irreversible. I hate to say that, but....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 06:29
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

We should have cleaned up the planet years ago, as now the damage we have wrought is so entrenched that it is irreversible. I hate to say that, but....

Surely it would only be irreversible as long as we were still here...
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 07:10

Maybe you have a point, there, but only if we were all given the boot...right away, and permanently!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 09:51

Maybe you have a point, there, but only if we were all given the boot...right away, and permanently!

Mother Earth would be happySmile
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 11:07
Anybody wanting to be a politician, should be disqualified immediately. However, homo sapiens is as driven by natural selection as any other species and the eventual extinction of the naked ape is possibly only going to.be avoided by space colonization...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2019 at 12:59

Mother Earth would be happySmile

I want humanity to survive, but I would like to see humanities birth rates go down around the world/ to see negative population growth. I would like to see more population control, but done humanely and fairly. It seems to me that members of the elite want more and more consumers and workers, but it's not sustainable. It's a very tricky issue.

I want to see nature survive (including humanity), and I want a shift in thinking for some who think that we are above nature (have dominion), and that we can exploit the world's resources as we see fit.

I want to see an increase in rational scepticism, and for more children around the world to be encouraged to think critically. I'd also like to see more altruism in the world.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 01:35
for someone to invent calorie free cheese and Melissa O'Neil to decide I'm the most eligible man on the planet and demand to marry me immediately.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 12:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

for someone to invent calorie free cheese and Melissa O'Neil to decide I'm the most eligible man on the planet and demand to marry me immediately.

It may surprise you to find out that calories and fat are complete red herrings. Sugars and carbs including bread are the real problem, meat, eggs and dairy are just fine.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 14:05
My ultimate dream would be for Helmut Koellen to have played with Horslips on the Tain album. That way, two different people would actually agree that neither got the recognition they deserved.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>