Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Johnny Bob new Release on 26.4.19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johnny Bob new Release on 26.4.19
    Posted: April 22 2019 at 02:48
"Fjodor and the Water Giant"
The history of the band Johnny Bob is a story full of speculations, rumours, fabulous misinformation.
Fact is: The second album "Fjodor And The Water Giant" will be released in April 2019.
The original line-up around mastermind Doktor Jest, reinforced by various guest musicians, had come together in summer 2018 in the band's own "Ulumulu Studios" in Hamburg to record the work in just two days. Four songs - including the 20-minute "Tom Bombadil" - found their way to "Fjodor And The Water Giant", which is a consistent development of the debut album "Carnival Of The Brahma-Sox" and will once again delight progressive rock fans.
Also on board are the singer songwriter Fidi (Goldberry), the Icelandic artist Svavar Knútur (Stranger), and the Hamburg entertainer Jens Sokolowski (Tom himself) as well as radio play producer and musician Tom Steinbrecher (guitar).
The album was produced by Doktor Jest, songwriting was done by him and Hannes Moorhahn. Not only brothers in spirit, the two developed the concept of the album after approving a hearty mushroom pan in the water tower of Bad Malente Gremsmühlen, one of the secret cradles of epochal rock history in Northern Germany
look forward and visiting www.johnnybob.de
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 08:30

Anyway, you will be added in progarchives library, and we are very happy if you can send me your bio, pic, or so.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 07:49

Hi band,

I have just added Johnny Bob. I have written a bio translating some info from your German website. 
Please give a read to what I've written and feel free to correct me from wrong.

It would be good if you could post a picture of the whole band. 
I also have a question: is your second album a re-release? Should I consider 2019 as release year as stated on Bandcamp? 
I'll add it in the meantime as it can be updated later.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply