Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 06:54
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I would like to see 2 new teams in the SB ... it's more exciting when that happens because no one knows who the favorite should be, and the game is more interesting ... I don't want to see another shoot them up show with the same old guard ... know what I mean?

So of these that presumably means 49ers vs Chiefs, Titans or Texans? Clearly I want the Seahawks, I'd like the Chiefs or Titans to get there.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 17:28
3/4 aint bad for me. 

Would love if the Pack could somehow beat the 49ers, but at this rate, I'm just not seeing it as a possibility. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 18:06
Hi,

Sentiment seems to tell me that the Packers can pull it out ... I think that Aaron has a bit more experience than Jimmy at making the big throw and play that counts ... unless SF has the ability to just run the ball and keep Aaron off the field ... which would make this game more interesting I imagine.

On the AFC side, I'm glad to see that coach FINALLY left his foot in the gas, instead of pulling it off which was his bad rap ... Andy Reid always seemed to slow down his team instead of just letting it play ... and this time, it let them play, and play they did until the whistle finally died for the night! I'm not sure that the titans can keep up with KC in the scoring machine business, although I think that Derrick Henry's turn at 180 years is probably going to slow down ... I have a feeling that if KC is up 21-0, or even 14-0 ... that Henry's day will be about over ... sadly enough!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 20:47
I'm gonna go with GB vs KC..........gotta figure Rogers is gonna go off in San Fran. Plus I want JGraham to get a ring...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 14:24
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm gonna go with GB vs KC..........gotta figure Rogers is gonna go off in San Fran. Plus I want JGraham to get a ring...

I'm abstaining for a choice ... however, I keep thinking that Andy Reid deserves big one.

I'll watch this game, I'm sure!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 16:09
Ideal superbowl: GB V KC

My game picks:

49ers
Chiefs 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 07:59
If KC starts off slow, this one could be over by halftime.........At least if something better comes up that Sunday, I don't feel pressure to say no.

Aaron Rogers, what is up with him......He was so off yesterday. There was that 3rd and 3 where he had Graham wide open not covered easy 1st down and more and he slings it left to the RB for 1-2yd gain, bring on the punt team. Terrible!!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 11:29

SF did to GB what good coaching usually does to throwing teams ... you run at them and chew the clock down and the chances and amount of time the throwing team has to make an impact gets lowered ... and they have to score ... which didn't happen for GB and that meant .,.. ciao baby before the half was over.

The KC game, was a bit different, and you knew that KC would put the foot on the gas and when it came it wasn't going to let go ... and if they do this in the SB, I think they will be favorites for sure.

Aaron Rogers, what is up with him......He was so off yesterday. There was that 3rd and 3 where he had Graham wide open not covered easy 1st down and more and he slings it left to the RB for 1-2yd gain, bring on the punt team. Terrible!!

I have a feeling that the game for GB had been designed to have more running, and by the time things got too far, it was all about AR trying to bring the team back, which did not happen this time ... it was too much, and not enough time. I would almost suggest that this was a coaching error ... to try and do this and this and then this ... and will see where we are ... well, at least 2 scores down I would think that you are not paying attention to the game ... you are thinking that the other team is not smart enough to have you figured out ... and SF DID HAVE GB FIGURED OUT!

Edited by moshkito - January 20 2020 at 11:33
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2020 at 14:47
God bless Eli. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2020 at 16:25
I like Eli..he won 2 SB both against the Pats......Impressive.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 06:52
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

God bless Eli. 

The latest MOGWAI album (KIN) has a song for ELI! Pretty one, too!
www.pedrosena.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2020 at 18:53
KC 38
SF 32
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2020 at 11:47
I struggle with 70-80 points in the SB.....I also think Mahomes might falter some under the pressure of being picked the fav.

I'm going 28-17 with SF getting a parade.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2020 at 23:08
Good for the chiefs! 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 04:10
Great turnaround by the Chiefs, and a fine way to win the SB.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 07:43
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Great turnaround by the Chiefs, and a fine way to win the SB.

I think that SF got stuck in its running game a bit too much, and they were not as well prepared to throw the ball, and while it worked for 3+ quarters, it would fail if the other team would score twice in a row, which happened ... I think SF wanted to chew up yardage and field time ... but KC played that little game, until they finally saw that the out corners were open, and they waited until the 4th hoping they were not too far out, before  they exploited it, to ensure that the SF defense could not adjust in time to save their game ... and I think this is what happened. SF did not make adjustments on the defense and when KC started throwing the ball further, the SF defense, was still trying to close the door at the line ... as they had through the whole game.

The whole thing, nowadays, with TV and their little tablets and stuff, about adjustments ... you have to know how to adjust and FAST ... and I'm not sure that SF was as fluid in that area in both offense and defense to make a difference. The stats show that Jimmy did not do enough on the 4th quarter, and I would say that the play calls he had did not help him a whole lot, either! Too conservative, specially for a team they knew could explode real quick and score ... which KC did!

It's a credit to KC ... I think they played the SF game, until KC knew they could not adjust and then started pulling the trigger ... and KC just steam rolled after that ... I think that Andy Reid, if anything, knows more about "adjustments" and when to use them, than probably any coach in the NFL.

Well deserved win, in my book ... but the media saying Shanahan is at fault ... he was not playing defense and he did not make the defensive calls and it is not fair to blame him for the loss ... KC was better prepared for more things than SF, who all of a sudden was very conservative and tentative about moving the ball ... just small chunks at a time!

Edited by moshkito - February 03 2020 at 15:13
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 08:18
That was a decent game, too easy of a win when one team scores nothing in Q4, props to KC defense for sure. I'm happy for the Honey Badger (Geaux Tigers). Mahomes was sacked 4x, I really thought 49ers D was going to be the difference.
I really did not see Mahomes as the MVP but someone has to get it I suppose. And still, NFL officials struggle with some calls.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 09:11
Geez, Jose. You sound like someone who lives in CA. Oh, you do? never mind.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 10:34

That was a decent game, too easy of a win when one team scores nothing in Q4, props to KC defense for sure. I'm happy for the Honey Badger (Geaux Tigers). Mahomes was sacked 4x, I really thought 49ers D was going to be the difference.
I really did not see Mahomes as the MVP but someone has to get it I suppose. And still, NFL officials struggle with some calls.

For my version of things, I kinda think that a defense is only as good as the adjustments that folks make to get past it ... today, the Steelers curtain of old would get swallowed up so fast by speed, it is not funny. 

Defenses, today, are only as good as they are capable of making adjustments to the quarterback and the calls being made ... but I'm not sure that SF lining up halfway through the 4th quarter, EXACTLY the same way as they did in the 1st quarter is a smart move ... an experienced, and smart coach, will eventually break that up, and Andy Reid did! At the beginning of the 4th quarter one of the things I said is that KC had to throw at the far corners left and right, which were open ... Sherman was playing close to the line, his strength, but that left a massive gap behind him ... and that meant 4 linemen, 3 others behind them, and Sherman close to the line, and you only got 2 folks behind it all ... and it becomes a matter of finding the right angles and combinations ... and it doesn't take too many tablet views to know what they have to do ... but I think that SF thought they could bother Mahommes enough to make a difference, and it didn't ... once he started finding one player 25 yards down, he knew that he could go after some more, and did ... and that is when SF did not adjust ... the far ends were still open.

KC's defense simply started to show that they had done their homework and that the plays were duplicating again and again ... and that means a good defense will have the ability to make the adjustments necessary to improve on that end ... and KC did just that ... and SF probably should have opened up a couple more long throws, but almost the whole game every thing was dinkadink ... to try and keep the ball away from KC.

Edited by moshkito - February 03 2020 at 15:16
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2020 at 15:08
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Geez, Jose. You sound like someone who lives in CA. Oh, you do? never mind.

I don't live in CA.......I live in Washington state. But the Seahawks are below the Saints as far as teams we follow. So I had no skin in this game, other than to see 49ers win to cause major issues to the rabid Hawks fans here LOL.
Chris Jones should have been the MVP not Mahomes.....but QBs are primadonnas so they always get the nod.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>