Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emme Phyzema - Rio/Avant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emme Phyzema - Rio/Avant
    Posted: April 28 2019 at 07:11
Emme Phyzema is a weird aggressive one woman project from Columbus, OH. She started releasing albums in January of 2019 and has already released her second album with multiple others prepped for this year.

Her second album REALLY pushes the boundaries of music. Melodies weaving like crazy with not very much repetition. Just check out that opening 8 minute corker!
https://emmephyzema.bandcamp.com/album/emme-phyzema

https://www.facebook.com/emmephyzema/
Her facebook is here, and here is her bio listed on the site:

Band Members
Emme Phyzema (guitar, bass, banjo, celtic harp, harpsichord, piano, vocals, midi programming)

Hometown
Columbus, Ohio

About
Genre-bending avant-garde folk-metal with hints of prog, baroque & ragtime. Emme aims to raise the standard for female musicians with boundless creativity.

Biography
Emme is a 28 year old female multi-instrumentalist, wannabe composer hermit type who has been playing & writing for over a decade. Mostly staying indoors and keeping to herself, Emme has recently decided to unleash the fury of her madness onto the world with her first album "Dispelling Differences," which is part one of a four album series on life.If you have listenable material that would aid in evaluation, you can upload these in .zip or .rar format to file sending websites such as sendspace.com and send them to the team leader of the genre that you are suggesting the band should be evaluated under. A list of team leaders can be found at the end of the post here.

This one is exciting as f**k!

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 02:44
I'm a big fan of Emme ... her album is fantastic. Big smile Dunno if she's fit for our sub or not.

will alert the Team. 
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 02:59
She's here at the RIO festival, lovely young lady and a new friend, will checkout the music when i get back.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 15:49
I still have to listen to her, but in the meantime I've listened to "Enter the Sentai" and I think it's great...
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 19:12
Heard some of her latest album after finding it on the RYM experimental rock charts. Wild stuff. 

Edited by Polymorphia - May 11 2019 at 19:13
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 14:05
Emme is a true singular talent and a cherished friend (through whom I met the equally-talented Smurph). I'm ecstatic to see she's been cleared. I'm down to write a bio if needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply