Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4 Cardiacs songs:  The everso big & dirty window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 Cardiacs songs: The everso big & dirty window

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Vote as thou wilt...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
1 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 Cardiacs songs: The everso big & dirty window
    Posted: April 28 2019 at 10:40
It's been a while -- not long enough for some of you perhaps -- since I did a Cardiacs poll.

These are four of my favourite tracks off the Cardiacs albums that I have spun the most: Songs for Ships and Irons; On Land and in the Sea; Sing to God; A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window. Of these four choices, do you have a favourite?
Just a fanboy passin' through.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 11:24
Other than the song "a dog called Sparky" which I heard on youtube I don't know this band hardly at all.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 11:43
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Other than the song "a dog called Sparky" which I heard on youtube I don't know this band hardly at all.

^ Hopefully that will change now.
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 13:17
You don´t listen enough guns and heaven born, man xD. There are so many diamonds on them. I voted for guarded line. But personally they´re all 10 or near ten for me. Big Ship might be my least favorite. Do you know I´m Eating In Bed? I love that song. It sounds so childishly creative and magically powerful to me. It really transports me to another world haha. No seriously Cardiacs are my favorite band ever. And I have a thing for On Land And In The Sea especially, but I wouldn´t want to decide.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 13:55
Originally posted by GrafHaarschnitt GrafHaarschnitt wrote:

You don´t listen enough guns and heaven born, man xD. There are so many diamonds on them. I voted for guarded line. But personally they´re all 10 or near ten for me. Big Ship might be my least favorite. Do you know I´m Eating In Bed? I love that song. It sounds so childishly creative and magically powerful to me. It really transports me to another world haha. No seriously Cardiacs are my favorite band ever. And I have a thing for On Land And In The Sea especially, but I wouldn´t want to decide.

I like Heaven Born and Ever Bright and Guns a lot, and was tempted to include a track from each of those albums too, but those were later acquisitions for me (I started with Sing to God) and I wanted to keep the list short so that the video embeds would be limited so as not to make opening this too laggy (I get complaints when I do lots). I also wanted to keep it short to make it easier for people who aren't that familiar with the Cardiacs to not feel too overwhelmed when checking out music. Yep, I really love "I'm Eating In Bed" which is a bonus track on my issue of A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window (it's one of my particular favourite Cardiacs songs). I also love the "All Spectacular" bonus track on that album.

On Land and in the Sea is the Cardiacs album that tends to get the most playtime for me.

Edited by Logan - April 28 2019 at 13:55
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 14:38
Cardiacs heaven! All ridiculously good! Big Ship is probably in my best 5 songs of all time. I'd probably rank them Big Ship - Ever So Closely Guarded Line - Dirty Boy - Whole World Window (the only one of these that I wouldn't rank top of its album), and then 99.99% of all further music including 99.5% of all prog.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 23:04
Arghhhhhhhh very tough to pick only one song!! my two fav songs are  "The Everso Closely Guarded Line" and "Dirty Boy"
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 07:09
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Arghhhhhhhh very tough to pick only one song!! my two fav songs are  "The Everso Closely Guarded Line" and "Dirty Boy"
Same here.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 01:30
Voted Dirty Boy, but it could have been any of the set.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply