Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enchant vs Spock's Beard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: which band do you prefer ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [27.59%]
21 [72.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2019 at 03:02
Originally posted by judahbenkenobi judahbenkenobi wrote:

My vote goes for Spock's Beard, but only after confessing I feel that it has come to its highest peak since Ted Leonard entered the band!
The Oblivion Particle is my most listened to Spock’s album. Then The Light. I don’t have the 4 NdV-led albums though.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2019 at 07:09
I am a fan of Enchant but Spock's Beard for me. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2019 at 08:45
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I like what I've heard of Enchant but up to now never owned a single CD by them. I've now changed that and and splashed out on the 10 CD box set. I'll abstain from the vote for now.

Blimey, you don't mess about Richard.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2019 at 10:19
I didn't see any 10 cd box set for Enchant listed on this website. It's not on the wikipedia page either.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2019 at 20:24
OMG it's a mirage.
Anyway it's called A Dream Imagined 
Ltd Edition Box Set
the label says 
''The complete collection of all 8 studio albums including two discs with additional bonus tracks!''
I haven't opened it yet. Perhaps a clown will pop out..
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 00:30
The Enchant box set is on InsideOut Music . Struggling to hyperlink it so you will have to just find it yourself.
It's a very nice set and quite a chunky booklet comes with it. I've played the debut album (very good maybe 4 stars) and look forward to gradually working my way through the rest.

Edited by richardh - May 12 2019 at 00:36
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 00:38

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 00:52
Blueprint and Time Lost are fantastic. Wounded is solid. After that, things started changing. I like the early albums best.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 06:12
I really don't know what I prefer older material from Enchant or their later material more I`ll have to play some early enchant again and see, I've mostly been playing their later material lately and really enjoying it, Juggling 9 or dropping 10 and Tug of war and their double live CD 'Live at last'. 

Edited by Enchant X - May 14 2019 at 03:19
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 06:26
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by judahbenkenobi judahbenkenobi wrote:

My vote goes for Spock's Beard, but only after confessing I feel that it has come to its highest peak since Ted Leonard entered the band!
The Oblivion Particle is my most listened to Spock’s album. Then The Light. I don’t have the 4 NdV-led albums though.

I liked Feel Euphoria when it was released but I've since soured on it. They were trying to find their legs 
post-Neal and it shows. 
I've only listened to Octane once and it didn't do much for me. I should try again
Spock's Beard (2006 album) has some very strong songs on it. This one feels like they finally started to truly find their own voice.
I think X is fantastic. It's my favorite of the post Neal Morse era. It has an epic feel to me that was (on the whole) missing on the few previous albums.

I'm torn on Leonard in this band. Not sure he's the right fit. However, SB continues to grow musically and that's a good thing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12