0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
5 [45.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World War III (three)
    Posted: May 04 2019 at 08:06
Bonus points for also correctly guessing the month.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 08:14
I'm guessing Zimbabwe, in October.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 09:09
No vote, for I should do some exercises in remote viewing first. But surely there are some possible scenarios: the NATO scratching on Russia's borders, the unguided projectile that is Kimmie, and last but not least the Ottomaniac who wants to have that empire restored in 2023.

But before WWIII, I think there will be one or more civil wars in EU countries. Most likely in Germany, France or maybe even Sweden. I guess the kickoff will take place in April 2020.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 11:19
The Moon....
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 11:43
Who has the Infinity Gauntlet?
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 12:06
Some claim WW3 has already begun but it's a spiritual war, not the classic earth bound variety. Can't argue that they are wrong.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 07:40
on www
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 08:31
^Spot on!
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 15:33
Somewhere in the South China Sea in June 2025
Songs cast a light on you
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 21:43
Mongolia
April
Three people try to eat the same sandwich 

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 21:48
LOL

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 22:08
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Mongolia
April
Three people try to eat the same sandwich 

While throat singing? LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2019 at 03:55
While WW3 is not inevitable, it's worth remembering that some of the safeguards that were in place throughout the cold war are no longer there, making it arguably more likely now than it was then.

I suspect if it does happen, it will either be in the Middle East between a US backed Sunni Muslim proxy, and a Russian backed Shia Muslim proxy, over oil and strategic regional advantage, OR it will be in a former Soviet state, on the back of some western funded uprising to oust some Moscow friendly regime that was elected to power on the back of national discontent. If that state happens to be a NATO member (Latvia for example) then the outcome could be catastrophic.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2019 at 09:01
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

While WW3 is not inevitable, it's worth remembering that some of the safeguards that were in place throughout the cold war are no longer there, making it arguably more likely now than it was then.

I suspect if it does happen, it will either be in the Middle East between a US backed Sunni Muslim proxy, and a Russian backed Shia Muslim proxy, over oil and strategic regional advantage, OR it will be in a former Soviet state, on the back of some western funded uprising to oust some Moscow friendly regime that was elected to power on the back of national discontent. If that state happens to be a NATO member (Latvia for example) then the outcome could be catastrophic.

Sensible words, AndyClap

I actually never believed that WW3 would be an East-West thing , even at the worst times of the cold war.

I always suspected that it would be either a North-South issue (immigration) or more precisely a christian-muslim thing, and it remains definitely a probability, today.
But the spark could be even only between muslim realms (shia-suni, as you say), but also resource-driven (and that includes water as a prime resource, probably more than petrol - see below on that)...

But indeed it could be about Antarctica, which is really the key piece in the survival of the planet... If the Chinese (for ex) move in without the consent of others (UN for ex), how do you get them out of there, without starting a WW??  Confused

But another problem is the Chinese ambitions in its direct proximity, like Chaser is implying, whether over the Spratley Islands and/or Taiwan.

=========

One example in the middle-east could be that Turkey is building dams in their own pierce of Kurdistan (which is to be the water fortress in the whole area, like the Golan is for Israel)over the Euphrates and Tigris rivers and totally drying up Syria and Iraq. This would of course create maxi-tensions and get most outsiders to root for a bigger and independent Kurdistan that spreads over the four countries concerned (Turkey, Syria, Iraq & Iran).

One of the things that the arsehole Erdogan did to become really popular over the last decade is build enormous infrastructure towards its eastern front, creating roads for the locals (houra) but more specifically to move troops  and materials (kay) in there should there be a need in controlling things in a very tough terrain.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2019 at 09:28
Nature vs Humanity. Everywhere .
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2019 at 11:06
Originally posted by 2dogs 2dogs wrote:

Nature vs Humanity. Everywhere .
Nature has already lost. Humans are too resilient compared to all other species.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2019 at 15:18
To quote Albert Einstein: "I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but I know what weapons WW4 will be fought with: Sticks and Stones".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2019 at 15:36
are you talking about a computer game, or what?

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 03:51
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Sensible words, AndyClap

I actually never believed that WW3 would be an East-West thing , even at the worst times of the cold war.

I always suspected that it would be either a North-South issue (immigration) or more precisely a christian-muslim thing, and it remains definitely a probability, today.
But the spark could be even only between muslim realms (shia-suni, as you say), but also resource-driven (and that includes water as a prime resource, probably more than petrol - see below on that)...

But indeed it could be about Antarctica, which is really the key piece in the survival of the planet... If the Chinese (for ex) move in without the consent of others (UN for ex), how do you get them out of there, without starting a WW??  Confused

But another problem is the Chinese ambitions in its direct proximity, like Chaser is implying, whether over the Spratley Islands and/or Taiwan.

=========

One example in the middle-east could be that Turkey is building dams in their own pierce of Kurdistan (which is to be the water fortress in the whole area, like the Golan is for Israel)over the Euphrates and Tigris rivers and totally drying up Syria and Iraq. This would of course create maxi-tensions and get most outsiders to root for a bigger and independent Kurdistan that spreads over the four countries concerned (Turkey, Syria, Iraq & Iran).

One of the things that the arsehole Erdogan did to become really popular over the last decade is build enormous infrastructure towards its eastern front, creating roads for the locals (houra) but more specifically to move troops  and materials (kay) in there should there be a need in controlling things in a very tough terrain.

Yeah, Turkey is a concern. It's a NATO member that doesn't see eye to eye with the west in a number of areas, and also has a fractious relationship with Russia.

Going back to the cold war, Turkey was one of the barganing chips which resolved the Cuban missile crisis. Kennedy struck a 'behind the scenes' deal with Kruschev not to place tactical nuclear weapons on Turkish soil (IIRC) Additionally, after the collapse of the USSR, Bush snr, promised Gorbachev that there would be no eastward expansion of NATO up to Russian borders. NATO broke their promise and now a number of former Soviet/Warsaw Pact states are NATO members. It's no wonder Russia is a little jumpy, and has responded with increased military spending on its strategic nuclear arsenal. This is where the cold war safe guards are gone. Neither side really buys into the MAD doctrine, which effectively made fighting a nuclear war intentionaly, arguably impossible. Now, both sides believe they could potentially win such a war with their superior nuclear techology, which means an intentional conflict is more likely, and an accidental conflict probably less likely. Either way, it's a dangerous situation.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2019 at 10:55
Hi,

I hate this one ... sad as it may be.

It would have to happen in a place where the significance of its existence is the most important part of it, and that could be, natural resources, or simply, the history.

Right now, I think there is only one place for this, but I am hopeful that both religions come to the table together and stop all this atrocity, including the fundamentalism interpreting something completely out of context with the whole thing.

In an over populated world, I'm not sure that there is a proper answer to this poll or question, as there are too many choices and opportunities, but I got to tell you ... I really do not want to see another Guernica outside my window ... and that is EXACTLY what we are asking for, otherwise!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>