Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Who vs Kings of Leon

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: whom do you like the most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Who vs Kings of Leon
    Posted: May 13 2019 at 23:51
Sort of similar lile the Kinks vs the Killers, bands that resonate to different generations of youth. The baby boomers vs milenials. Arena rock pioneers vs the largest arena rock of to date. Anthemic bands that speaks to the youth culture.

I predict a landslide but maybe the Kings will crown some votes.
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 01:43
Seriously? How can it not be The Who?
Songs cast a light on you
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 03:05
No contest.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 03:39
Even by modern standards I find the KOL very soporific.

Voted for The Who.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:33
Is this poll a joke?

Edited by Jeffro - May 14 2019 at 04:33
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:33
The Who for sure. I don’t own any albums of theirs anymore, but at least they have talent.
I leave Kings of whatever for the dumpster truck. They are as bad as Imagine Dragons......to say I dislike them with a passion is putting it mildly....
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:40
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

The Who for sure. I don’t own any albums of theirs anymore, but at least they have talent.
I leave Kings of whatever for the dumpster truck. They are as bad as Imagine Dragons......to say I dislike them with a passion is putting it mildly....

They're one of those rock bands, for people who don't like rock. Like U2 or Coldplay.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 05:56
When I was in Australia, I remember a friend insisting I listen, and it was awful, but I LOVE The Who.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 09:27
The Who, definitely. Not sure how many Kings of Leon votes are gong to be cast here.

Edited by Argo2112 - May 14 2019 at 12:47
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 11:01
the Killers have earned one vote against the Kinks in the other poll.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 17:59
May as well put a junior high school girls basketball team up against the Golden State Warriors.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 03:41
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

They're one of those rock bands, for people who don't like rock. Like U2 or Coldplay.
U2 were tolerable in their early days...... the others I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 04:11

U2 were tolerable in their early days...... the others I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.
If dragons were real, they would be ashamed to be assiated with Imagine Dragons
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 04:19

Yeah, that's true. From the debut up to and including Unforgettable Fire they were pretty good, after that they vanished up their own &rses for good. I can't stand Bono.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 10:24

Yeah, that's true. From the debut up to and including Unforgettable Fire they were pretty good, after that they vanished up their own &rses for good. I can't stand Bono.
Bono’s head expanded to a ridiculous size real quick. By the time that ‘larger-than-life’ Joshua Tree rolled around they lost it big-time. Sorry Eno, you didn’t nurture this one, you nuetered it.

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 15 2019 at 10:41
 Post Reply Post Reply