Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LTIA vs SEBTP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which Of These would you pick?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [45.95%]
40 [54.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 11:23
both are great 

but

Genesis
Prog On!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 23:36
Lark`s or Selling phew! this isn`t easy due to both imho are awesome albums stellar musicianship and in my best albums of all time, so is it flip a coin or bang my head at a brickwall who ever posted this poll is ever mad man or a twisted genius argh!!! right where`s that coin best od three here go`s...2 to1 Selling England By The Pound. P.S I need to go lie down in a darkened room brain cells breaking down...     
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 13:19
SEbtP.  I much prefer the live versions of the LTiA songs, though Exiles is pure perfection in both studio and live settings Wink
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 20:04
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

SEbtP.  I much prefer the live versions of the LTiA songs, though Exiles is pure perfection in both studio and live settings Wink

I too prefer the live versions of many of Crimson's songs. From Larks Tongues I find both Exiles and Easy Money much better live (from Collectable King Crimson vol 1, Exiles from Ausbury, and Easy Money from Mainz). But The Talking Drum and Larks part 2 I find much better on Studio... mostly because on those ones I do love Muir's contributions, and the violin sounds better. As for Larks part 1, I never really warmed up to it until I heard the live version from the new line-up (Easy Money is very nice with them too).
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 23:35
Both desert island discs for me
SquonkHunter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquonkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 22:04
Selling England By The Pound by a mile.  Not even close.
"You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2019 at 09:42
Not an easy choice...

...But LTIA for me. SEBTP is almost perfect, but "More Fool Me" really brings it down for me. The production on LTIA is spotty as hell, but the strength of the experimentation more than makes up for it (plus that style inspired hoards of experimental metal bands).

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 15:23
Genesis.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 11:06
Larks' despite being dynamic to the point of ridiculousness is still pretty cool. 

I have a difficult time with much of Gabriel era Genesis. 

So, easy: KC
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 07:38
Love both but I'll pick SEBTP on the strength of Firth of Fifth & Cinema Show.

Edited by Argo2112 - May 28 2019 at 07:39
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 11:02
Heads...no tails...no heads!
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 16:30
Firth of Fifth is killer....nothing quite like that on LTIA.....though I love KC and as I said in another thread...prolly my favorite prog band.....but I have to go with Selling England here on the strength of Firth.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 17:06
Larks 2, Exiles and Saturday versus Epping

The highlights of both albums. At least England has more good music though.
Cinema is pretty good. Moonlit is hit and miss although has cool parts. Firth is overdramatic and depressing and usually skip it England is better album
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12