Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many albums have you listened?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 18:10
67/100 have I listened, 59 of those I own. There are a few, mostly RPI, that I want to hear and a few more I would like to own.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 19:18
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I've never been curious how many albums from the list I know and listened. 
Me neither. To be honest, I have my list of favorites, and that's what matter when I'm going to listen to music, either favorites or something new to discover. The rest come in second, albums that I occasionally listen to.

For me, being next to someone actually playing all of these things on radio in the 70's and 80's, it was different ... it was mostly about the NEW STUFF, because it was, usually, different and far out and neat to hear these things and no one knew what they were!

Thus, since then, my listening, tends to be about the new stuff and the different stuff, and rarely the best known material or the most famous ... for example, with the exception of one album (PP), Jethro Tull is the most over rated and least listened to in my ears!

Likewise, seeing a "top ten" turns me off from listening to a lot of things ... because I will concentrate on the stuff that is not mentioned, or worse ... even discussed because everyone else is just a fan, and not always attuned to the music itself.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2019 at 23:52
From the top 100 list I counted 18 I hadn't listened to before. Another 20 or so I've only listened to once or twice and have little interest in. Of the remaining albums from that list I would have listened to at least to at 10 times or more so would classify them all as all 5 star albums.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 01:19
71/100
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
King Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 01:31
Listen to implying having played the whole album and listend to it more than once around 50 albums. There are some more where I did listen to a few tracks but didnīt feel the urge to explore them further
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 06:57
As the list stands right now, 85.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 08:05
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Foxprog Foxprog wrote:

From the top 100 of progarchives. I'm clocking around 71/100. Still missing some Italiano and more jazzy albums like "Miles Davis".

88 out of 100.

AND, I will state that I have heard all of those albums quite a few times ... why? 

It's the fact that I love the music, not just a band, or a style ... and as such I can play it anytime, and it is STILL as satisfactory as it was 40 years ago ... and I know that this is something that most here, specially in this poll, will not appreciate, but GREAT music, will always be loved and enjoyed ... and above all ... remembered!

In that sense, I would say that PA has helped ... but we always want more, don't we?
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 08:52

Thought it would be more!

Of those, I don't consider OM by Queensryche to be prog, and I don't think it's very good either....
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 09:02
Only about 35 all the way through. I have heard pieces or a few songs form another 20 or so. Guess I have some catching up to do!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 09:56
I think I've heard at least parts of all of them.
I own 47/100.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 12:07
I can't count past 50.....I'm math challenged.
;)
I own 78 of the top 100....heard all but 5 or 6 of the rest.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2019 at 19:09
I'm missing 10, well distributed across subgenres.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 00:02
Most of the top 50 I've heard apart from Miles Davis (is he really 'prog'??)

After that there is a lot of stuff I've not heard. Overall about 70-80 albums I have heard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12