Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Hackett tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Hackett tour
    Posted: May 21 2019 at 10:32
Anyone been to the Steve Hackett tour this year? How was your experience? I had a great time!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2019 at 10:55
I'd probably go if he ever came to Chicago...

duh...I just looked it up and is coming here on Oct 5....yeah....
Smile

Edited by dr wu23 - May 21 2019 at 10:57
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Foxprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2019 at 11:21
Really, really great! Especially the Selling England... He nailed Dancing, Firth (solo was best I've heard live) and Cinema. Los endos also worked perfectly :)
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2019 at 11:22
I saw him a couple of years ago at Atlanta Symphony Hall.  Excellent seats! Big smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 00:10
At The Edge Of Light is his best album for a very long time imo. Does he just do Genesis material or does he perform his own as well?
GingerFox View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 01:45
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

At The Edge Of Light is his best album for a very long time imo. Does he just do Genesis material or does he perform his own as well?

First half of the show was parts from At The Edge Of Light and Spectral Mornings, while the second half was the whole Selling England by the Pound.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 16:57
Not this year, but last year. It was really great indeed, though I particularly enjoyed the Genesis stuff that I know better. I only wish he had played Shadow of the Hierophant whole.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 23:11
I saw them (for the second time) in Helsinki, Finland, 11th May.
Such a fantastic set, including the most of Spectral Mornings and Selling England entirely. Here's a picture (not taken by me):

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2019 at 23:59
Originally posted by GingerFox GingerFox wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

First half of the show was parts from At The Edge Of Light and Spectral Mornings, while the second half was the whole Selling England by the Pound.

Sounds good. It's a while since I've seen him - about 10 years or so just after To Watch The Storms. I'll check out a few dates.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 02:00
I'm not too keen on Nad Sylvan's voice, and given that the vocals are a fundamental part of the Genesis experience, I don't go to Hackett shows.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 22:12
^ I'm not particularly a fan of Gabriel's vocals anyway, so I don't really care much. I might even think that he is a slight improvement. But I do wish he had some other better singer for my taste.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2019 at 13:10
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I'm not too keen on Nad Sylvan's voice, and given that the vocals are a fundamental part of the Genesis experience, I don't go to Hackett shows.

I'm not a big Gabriel era Genesis fan (I know, it's a crime here Smile), always thought the songs are too wordy. But when Steve came to our town during "Genesis Revisited II" tour I couldn't miss the show. It took 2-3 first songs to 'adjust' myself to these wordy songs and then I found out that I'm completely fascinated by beautiful music. The sound was also perfect. 

In my opinion to miss Steve concert is a bit like robbing yourself. Smile 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 07:38
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I'm not a big Gabriel era Genesis fan (I know, it's a crime here Smile), always thought the songs are too wordy. But when Steve came to our town during "Genesis Revisited II" tour I couldn't miss the show. It took 2-3 first songs to 'adjust' myself to these wordy songs and then I found out that I'm completely fascinated by beautiful music. The sound was also perfect. 

In my opinion to miss Steve concert is a bit like robbing yourself. Smile 
Indeed. If you can go see him, you owe it yourself to get tickets for the show.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 10:09
Two outstanding shows at the Keswick outside of Philadelphia this past weekend. Both were sold out.
The show had a handful of songs from Edge of Light, but the focus was on the Spectral Mornings and SEBTP.
The crowd also joined in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday for Jo (although we didn't get any cake).

Welcome to the middle of the film.
 Post Reply Post Reply