Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken Parachute for Symphonic Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Parachute for Symphonic Prog?
    Posted: May 26 2019 at 07:11
Marcus Taylor and Ben Bell have been collaborating on musical projects since the late 1990s when they began playing together in a number of blues and rock bands at the University of Warwick. These included the rock group ‘Crazy Dogs’ and the aptly named blues quintet, ‘Cheese Trauma’. While the blues provided a useful meeting point, the pair explored mutual interests across the musical spectrum – drawing on progressive rock and jazz fusion while keeping a close eye on strong songwriting and engaging solo improvisation. Broken Parachute originally started as a vehicle for Marcus’ new compositions and Ben’s desire to test his abilities as a lead singer. Separated by the Atlantic ocean owing to the demands of paid employment, the pair availed themselves of new technology to aid their transatlantic collaboration. The resulting album – ↓↓Down is the New Up↑↑ – is the first showcase product of their creative energies.

Homepage http://www.brokenparachute.com/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BrokenParachute/
Bandcamp https://brokenparachute.bandcamp.com/
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 13:13
just submitted to the crossover team the other day

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 13:15
@ black diamond.
take a break, you're overdoing it.

there, I said it...
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 13:23
He's not overdoing it as far as searching first to see if a band has already been suggested though(not this one but another one). ;)
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 13:32
the more this topic will be flooded with bands, the less we are able to be careful ...

black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 18:28
I believe any new band or the band that is missing deserve a chance to be here. Isn't it ProgArchives?
I do go through search function on the forum site and search comes up empty.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 02:21
Originally posted by black_diamond black_diamond wrote:

I believe any new band or the band that is missing deserve a chance to be here. Isn't it ProgArchives?
I do go through search function on the forum site and search comes up empty.

I know I was rude, but you are suggesting an overwhelming amount of bands. 
It would be funny if you suggested the same band twice. LOL
black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 06:15
How would members would get new content if I don't suggest new or old bands that are missing in a data base? Isn't the whole idea to have as much information on Prog bands? Just saying.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 08:45
^ quantity over quality has never been my thing
 Post Reply Post Reply