Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anvil Of The North

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anvil Of The North
    Posted: May 26 2019 at 07:59

Some of you with slightly longer memories, (and maybe some grey hair) might remember that

My previous albums were reviewed here, around nine or ten years ago, in between life has thrown a few brickbats, and curveballs, so recording this album has taken far longer than it should.

For the most of you who don’t know me, here is some useful info.

My name is Colin Masson, and I am a guitarist and multi instrumentalist, and singer.

For 20 years I played in the progressive folk band "The Morrigan", and in that time released several solo albums that have been generally well received.

I now have a new album out, entitled "Anvil Of The North",

If anyone is interested in reviewing it please send a PM., and I can arrange a link.

The Album is also available on i-tunes, and Amazon, and can be found on Spotify by putting my name into the apps search function.

I also can give you a link to my website

www.colinmasson.co.uk

This is my page on Prog Archives

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1528

This is my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Colin-Masson-Music-591191291374824/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Also, some videos. These can be accessed via my website, but in case you miss them, I include them here. The first 2 are from the new album.

Das Tal

The Devil And The Tailor

It is worth noting that the videos are totally made at home, the photography is either by me or my partner, Cathy Alexander, who was also the singer in the Morrigan, and who sings on all of my albums. The CGI was also done by me, using an open source programme called Blender, for which I am something of a torch bearer.

If you are interested, I also add a couple of links to music from previous albums.

The Heart Of The Machine (from "The Southern Cross").

Ends Of The Earth, (from The Mad Monk And The Mountain, with Cathy Alexander on vocals and recorders.)

I hope you find this interesting and worthwhile

With best wishes

Colin Masson

Edited by Colin Masson - June 02 2019 at 03:39
Colin Masson View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 07:32
Hmm no takers, perhaps I can entice you with a few of the livelier bits.

Edited by Colin Masson - June 02 2019 at 03:32
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 13:57
I'm going to check it out on Spotify thanks!  Big fan of the Morrigan and I did enjoy "Total Eclipse" as well.  Were you influenced by Paul Brett in any way?

ps prog folk generally gets the least attention around here so don't take it personally.  Note I said least attention which is not the same as least respect.  That would be neo prog, though a lot of that is frankly deserved

Edited by kenethlevine - June 04 2019 at 13:59
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 16:05
How about neo prog folk, or would it be neo folk prog, I must admit that I am old enough to get a bit confused by all the different categoriesConfused
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2019 at 15:50
Hi guys just a gentle bump, a lot of work went into this.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 12:47
sorry Colin!  thank you for reminding me!
And while I have you on the line, is the Morrigan at all active these days?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 12:48
just noticed it's not even added here yet so I will get on that too.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 14:39
Thanks ever so much!
Concerning the Morrigan,  there is a fair likelihood that there will be a reunion gig (or maybe 2 or 3) next year with the original lineup, early days, but all members have agreed in principal.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 17:57
the album has been added
just wondering, is it available in CD form and do you have a label/catalogue number?  Thus far it's not even on discogs.com.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 12:15
It is available as a CD, catalog no is MMU1084, thus far I haven't sold many, I seem to get more activity on the downloads these days.

Magmatt View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magmatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 08:16
Nice work.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 14:34
Colin, you are one of the most "popular" artists currently listed on the home page of PA!  This is likely due to the album being listed as a new release, but it does mean people are looking

Edited by kenethlevine - August 22 2019 at 14:35
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2019 at 09:28
That just put a big smile on my faceEmbarrassed

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 16:25
Here is a little something, live playing albeit against backing tracks, of the first track on the album, Greenacres.

Post Reply Post Reply