Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'll try this blog thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'll try this blog thing
    Posted: June 01 2019 at 17:48

Its a beautiful day in Seattle today: 73F and sunny.  I busted out my kayak for its maiden 2019 voyage, hosed it down (cleaned out a couple of spiders and residue sand from last year) and threw it in the car headed for a local lake up North a bit.  Im not on-call, so I left my phone at home.  Free.  No connection.

I got to the lake and slathered up with some Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil.  Got my boat in the water, and paddled out.  The sun felt so good.  We dont get enough of it up here.  I paddled around for maybe a couple hours, and enjoyed the sun, wind, water, and exercise.

And I enjoyed the music.  I brought my headphones and my iPod Shuffle, one of those little tiny square ones, a feat of modern technology.  It was on shuffle mode, so I had some mighty good jams to accompany me on my journey.

Tulls Passion Play Pt. 1 was a good time, as was Rushs Passage to Bangkok.  Stairway to Heaven came on, and despite having heard that song a hundred billion times, it just never ceases to amaze me.  I enjoyed several tracks from Paul & Linda McCartneys Ram, Ive always loved that album.  For some reason listening to the Beatles/McCartney & Wings is just better in the sunshine, in the summer.

Highlight track: 10CC, Only Child.  Its a bonus track on the Look Hear? CD, and it just was the perfect song for a very nice day.

Edited by ProfPanglos - June 01 2019 at 17:49
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic