Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me identify a melody (Änglagârd)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 15:16
I did send another email, hopefully they will let me know soon if they are familiar with the melody.

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 16:29
Any news?
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 16:31
No, I am afraid they are not answering for some reason.  I will let you know if I ever hear back...they may just be too busy in summer touring season to be checking their emails.  
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 17:18
Hey Nikki remember that time you tried to help me identify something I heard when I was a kid and it turned out to be Jean Luc Ponty? Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 17:27
I try my best!  Don't always hit the mark, though.  Big smile
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 13:58
Since you all spent so much time trying to help me it is probably fair to tell you why I'm so interested in this particular bassline:

I have a blog about video game music where I'm trying to find the actual musical origins of certain well known tracks:

https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/PhilsPhindings/

What I basically do is search the web for actual music in pop culture that has been released before the games I'm interested in and that might have served as an inspiration for the music in the game. 

Regarding the bassline, it caught my interest when I realized that a certain melody in a certain game, Golden Axe 2 for the Sega Megadrive, seems to be practically built around it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdRY4Q-9vK0

The problem is that the game was released in 1991 and Jordröck was released in 1992 AFTER the game. So I assume both songs have a common, earlier origin that I'm trying to find.

I apologize if you assumed I was a pure Prog Rock fan...

XavGD View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XavGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 14:08
Sounds like it could be from a renaissance madrigal or plain chant. Something like Josquin des Prez?
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2019 at 07:41
Any news?
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 10:38
*push*
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2019 at 09:48
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

I did send another email, hopefully they will let me know soon if they are familiar with the melody.

Hello. Did you happen to hear something new?

Regards
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2019 at 10:21
Absolutely no response, so I'm afraid not.  So sorry!
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2019 at 14:07
How about Bach's fugue in g minor? Many prog bass lines and themes are inspired by the fugue theme:

Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 15:16
Originally posted by Formentera Lady Formentera Lady wrote:

How about Bach's fugue in g minor? Many prog bass lines and themes are inspired by the fugue theme:

I think some of the bass notes come pretty close. The general idea is good.
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 12:26
It is a Swedish folk song, and if you listen through the 70s albums from Merit Henningsson I'm sure you Will come across it soon, all her albums are on Spotify. Start with Huuva! Svensk folkmusik pĺ beat (71) and Trollskog (72) and Bergtagem (73) and Balsam (76). I haven't heard any of the albums after Balsam.
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 14:32
Wow, it was a good thing to look here again after two months! I will definitively have a look at this! Tx
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 15:46
After sampling several of the albums you mentioned, I didn't find the bassline I was looking for. Do you have a more specific hint?

Regards
Desperado View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 10:58
push
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12