Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who Acts in These Shows?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Acts in These Shows?
    Posted: June 16 2019 at 08:08
Hi,

Not a poll but a fun topic, and I placed it here because this is the section where we have discussed film, and a lot of writers, and actors and such ... so here goes ...

WHO IN ROCK WOULD PLAY WHICH CHARACTER IN A SHAKESPEARE PLAY?

Ian Anderson --- Falstaff (of course! Cods optional!)
Jon Anderson --  Hamlett  (too much talk and not enough action!)
Peter Hammill -- Othello (he loves, he hates ... etc)
Renate K. -- Lady Macbeth (bring Mozambique along, please!)
Christian Decamps -- The Fool
Michael Keaton -- Dogberry (... even though he doesn't sing ... he probably could, too!)
Mick Jagger -- Iago
Joe Cocker -- Richard II

(... and I can't even select the women! ... go figure ... but Kate Bush is DEFINITELY not a Bronte or Austen heroine of some sort! That would be an injustice!)

Gotta fit these folks somewhere, right?
Francesco Di Giacomo
Lothar Meid
Daevid Allen
Gilli Smyth
Courtney Swain
Edgar Broughton

Edited by moshkito - June 22 2019 at 11:11
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 19:00
I love Jon Anderson, but would he be able to remember his lines? Hamlet has a lot of them.

Now, who to play Ophelia?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 19:04
well, which female singer looks like this:

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 19:07
I actually think Kate Bush would be a great Ophelia

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 19:11
^^ Tori Amos ?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 20:17
I love that artwork...Have a beautifully framed print of Ophelia in my guest room.  Huge fan of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 22:49
Whoever it is has to be convincingly mad, as well as madly convincing, methinks.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2019 at 00:56
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

You read my mind! Clap
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2019 at 04:58

well, which female singer looks like this:

Jess Glynne.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2019 at 05:27
Tony Iommi as Prospero from the Tempest
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2019 at 05:45
Falstaff is in my opinion more for Greg Lake in his latter years

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 10:56
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

You read my mind! Clap

Maybe it was the song ... I thought she fit WUTHERING HEIGHTS better than any Shakespeare, although she probably could be placed with any of the women in the Italian plays, of the fun ones, for example.

Falstaff is in my opinion more for Greg Lake in his latter years.

I like his early work, and even with King Crimson, when his voice was used more as an actor, than a singer. That picture of his later days, is so sad to me ... the kind of thing that we all do not want to see happen to anyone at all.

GOT ANOTHER ONE ... 
The Mael brothers (Sparks) ... Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

Edited by moshkito - June 22 2019 at 11:05
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 11:00
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Interesting choice, although I do not think of him as a story teller, and/or a narrator ... 

Edgar Broughton is the one I thought might do this really well. His lyrics, are exceptional, and if you listen to the "RockPalast" show of theirs, you can see how timeless a lot of his words were in the material that they did, that we thought at the time (gosh ... almost 50 years ago!) ... were far out, but I really was sure that most people were not ready for something like Roccococooler ... it's all too much ... how prophetic that is!

I was thinking that a DAVID BOWIE would be interesting since his acting ability would allow him to do this, but I do not think he could be as strong word-wise, as Sir John Gielgud was in Peter Greenaway's version of the story (PROSPERO'S BOOKS), which was the definitive "reading" of the words. And now, finding a rock somebody to bring out those words, would be very tough!

Edited by moshkito - June 22 2019 at 11:14
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 11:15
Originally posted by patrickq patrickq wrote:

I love Jon Anderson, but would he be able to remember his lines? Hamlet has a lot of them.

Now, who to play Ophelia?

Iago has the most lines ... I think it is something like 574 of them! Probably more!
www.pedrosena.com
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 11:25
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Interesting choice, although I do not think of him as a story teller, and/or a narrator ... 

Edgar Broughton is the one I thought might do this really well. His lyrics, are exceptional, and if you listen to the "RockPalast" show of theirs, you can see how timeless a lot of his words were in the material that they did, that we thought at the time (gosh ... almost 50 years ago!) ... were far out, but I really was sure that most people were not ready for something like Roccococooler ... it's all too much ... how prophetic that is!

I was thinking that a DAVID BOWIE would be interesting since his acting ability would allow him to do this, but I do not think he could be as strong word-wise, as Sir John Gielgud was in Peter Greenaway's version of the story (PROSPERO'S BOOKS), which was the definitive "reading" of the words. And now, finding a rock somebody to bring out those words, would be very tough!

Tony does bot need a voice, he has hes Gibson Les Paul to talk for him

Edited by Icarium - June 22 2019 at 11:25
 Post Reply Post Reply