autobahn-r
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Songs like IQ - Harvest of Souls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulvio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Songs like IQ - Harvest of Souls
    Posted: June 17 2019 at 17:01
Hi everyone. After my introduction thread, I'll ask some recommendations. I do really like the central keyboard solo in Harvest of Souls from IQ and I was wondering if there was something similar, with the same intention, with the same atmosphere.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 18:37
Try Supper's Ready and the Gates of Delirium. ;) Wink Harvest of Souls is a combination of those two.
Fulvio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulvio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2019 at 02:00
Oh I know supper's ready, apocalypse in 9/8 is the piece I like the most in prog rock :D I will try Gates of Delirium ;)
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 00:12
Another IQ track - The Province has that same vibe.
You could also check out Marillion - Grendel . This is only available on some compilations though and never made it onto the debut album.

Edited by richardh - June 19 2019 at 00:15
Cristi View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 04:31
most of Marillion epics, except for A few Words for the Dead. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic