Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite King Crimson Album Ender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which final song from a King Crimson album is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [13.51%]
2 [2.70%]
5 [6.76%]
6 [8.11%]
6 [8.11%]
8 [10.81%]
29 [39.19%]
4 [5.41%]
1 [1.35%]
2 [2.70%]
1 [1.35%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 05:19
Have to go with Starless on this one . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 05:46
I choose for Islands, although there are at least four others that qualify more than just a bit.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 06:27
Islands
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:03
In the Court
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 09:36
Sorry but "starless" is way over rated. Not that it's not great. I just think too many people think way too highly of it. Title track to the debut is almost as over rated imo. I voted for LTIA pt. 2.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 14:20
^ Wow, you beat me to the punch. I was just about to say the same thing.  I voted for LTIA pt 2 also.
 Then I would probably go with Fracture.
Starless is OK but I don't think it's the masterpiece many make it out to be.  
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 14:32
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

^ Wow, you beat me to the punch. I was just about to say the same thing.  I voted for LTIA pt 2 also.
 Then I would probably go with Fracture.
Starless is OK but I don't think it's the masterpiece many make it out to be.  

Yep. I think the intensity of it is why people love it so much. Kind of the same reason people love prog metal and heavy metal. 

There's one part in it towards the end where you start to hear the main melody again and then it just goes off in a different and crazy direction. It just sounds kind of sloppy to me the way that was done. I used to like it a lot as a teen but I guess I have grown up a bit. Lol.
Foxprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 14:47
Starless is top three songs of all time, so I have to go for that one. Lizard comes close second.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 16:20
This result was all too obvious from the beginning. I did vote for Starless too, though I love Court and Larks very much too.
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 20:42
I’m going with weird here. “Discipline” for me.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 13:40
Predictable that so many would vote for Starless....but then I went with Court which is almost as predictable.
Spring of 1970 was when I first really discovered prog....with Court...I had been listening to other bands like Moody Blues , Procol Harum, Traffic ,etc...but KC was  different and far more interesting to me.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2019 at 07:15
I love Starless, but Fracture is by far the more climactic, and technically interesting, piece for me.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 03:10
Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2019 at 03:53
Starless was always going to win. I do love it, but I'll vote for Islands.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Walkscore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walkscore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2019 at 18:23
Some of the most original, unique and musical tracks of all time are the ending tracks on Crimson albums. I am among those who think Starless is a masterpiece. The quirky second section, which Bruford brought to the table, remains totally wondrous. Saying this, Larks' Tonuges II, Discipline, Fracture, Lizard, are all among the best Crimson tracks. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 00:29
I voted Starless but Islands was definitely a highlight when I saw Crimson live last year. Interesting to see that coming out 3rd at the moment ahead of Lizard.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 13:38
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I voted Starless but Islands was definitely a highlight when I saw Crimson live last year. Interesting to see that coming out 3rd at the moment ahead of Lizard.

If there were a poll of live tracks, that Islands experience last,year would come out top for me. A passage of utter exquisite beauty, never to be forgotten.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 13:48
Didn't think Starless would be that big of a runaway. Its a great piece. Frackture is my all-time favorite KC song, so obviously going to be my favorite ender. 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 14:50
I 'm not all that surprised that Starless has so many votes...but even though I am a KC fan it seems a bit overrated in the KC pantheon.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 15:56
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

If there were a poll of live tracks, that Islands experience last,year would come out top for me. A passage of utter exquisite beauty, never to be forgotten.

I second that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>