Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Sylvan Still Relevant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ridgeback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Sylvan Still Relevant?
    Posted: June 27 2019 at 17:08
I recently discovered Sylvan and was blown away. Their singer and overall musicianship is exceptional. However, they haven’t had and album out for a few years, and there really isn’t much of them on YouTube. Are they still playing and active? Has their fan base frittered away?
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 03:17
I only have (and like) Posthumous Silence. I prefer listening to Subsignal, another German band. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2019 at 13:15
I love Sylvan, and, indeed, there is an old interview I did with them somewhere on the interviews thread.

They are still playing live, but are not as active as days of old, and I cannot see any plans for new music. It would be very nice if someone could prove me wrong!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Ridgeback View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ridgeback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 06:38
What a pity. Their last album from 2015, Home, is a brilliant piece of work. Very emotional album with some unique musical passages. Their album ‘Sceneries’ is also a stunning musical endeavor. I am amazed at how talented and unique they are, and really wish I had heard of them years ago. I really hope they see fit to release more music. The world is full of crap (just turn on at top-40 radio channel), and mediocrity (sadly, the state of most music today), so a new release by such talent can only, oh, make the sun shine a lighter brighter, so to speak.
 Post Reply Post Reply