Topic ClosedSonic Newz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sonic Newz
    Posted: July 17 2004 at 10:49

Dear friends,

Just joined this group and wanted to introduce everyone to my band, Sonic Pulsar.
We're a Portuguese prog rock/metal project and our first cd has been released, with distribution by Nightmare Records.
Alos please check out our website for news, info and reviews on our first cd, and also on my solo project. The site was updated yesterday with many new features.

Also, stay tuned for the our next album "Out of Place", to be released by Mellow Records!

Prog regards,
Hugo Flores
http://sonicpulsar.com

bassguy35 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 18:40

sonicpulsar----

I checked out your site and i listened to a song, sounds good! i  like your style what do you play in your band? Or do you sing? The name is very interesting...how did you get the idea for it? I'm going to be starting a band myself when i buy my bass and know how to play. Do you have any tips for me about choosing a band or anything else? If you do right me a message...Thanks! You Rock!

*Check out my topic called 'Bass guitar IS important' thanx!

Edited by bassguy35
<ROCK ON!>
bassguy35
sonicpulsar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 06:01

>>I checked out your site and i listened to a song, sounds good!

Great!

>> i  like your style what do you play in your band? Or do you sing?

Actually, I sing and also play the lead guitars and synths. In the first cd, called Playing the Universe, I also did most of the bass parts! Kind of a "one man's band", in the Ayreon style.
>>The name is very interesting...how did you get the idea for it?

Since our main theme is space and the universe, we wanted a name that could reflect that. Pulsar was almost immediate. Sonic appeared, because we wanted to transmit the idea of a pulsar emmiting musical waves throughout space.

>>Do you have any tips for me about choosing a band or anything else?

I always prefer to work with close friends that are also musicians, instead of recruiting and listening to new people. Anyway, if you're not in that situation, you can always post messages in forums recruiting possible band members. Always mention your location, to recruit musicians from your area. It's not necessary to have top notch musicians, I guess that the band should learn continously to improve.

I don't know the genre we'd like to play, in our case, we all like different genres. For example, Nuno (bass) loves jazz and prog, Carlos loves metal and punk, and me, I enjoy ambiental and prog metal. The mix of genres sounds somehow great.

Let me know if I answered your question!

Thanks!

Hugo

bassguy35 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 14:28

Hugo----

Thanks for the advice! Yes you did answer my questions. Does your CD sell in America (or just Portugal) I mostly like punk, hard rock/metal, and lite rock. I only have a drummer in mind for a band, i don't know any guitarists off the top of my head, but i'll keep my eyes open! I'm going to put you on my buddy list and will write you on the private messanger. You seem like a kind of person that i could enjoy and rock with!  I have 1 more question...how do you get the avatar? Talk to you later! ROCK ON!

<ROCK ON!>
bassguy35
sonicpulsar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 15:10

Hi!

Yes, our cds are available to any part of the world though several stores. We have an official american distributor, Nightmare Records (www.nightmare-records.com). It's possible to buy directly through them, and it's probably cheaper! You may also take a look at our "Buy" section at the official website.

About our new cd, it'll also be available worldwide through www.mellowrecords.com

The avatar can be chosen from your profile settings. Go to settings, at the top of the forum, and then edit profile. (I think that's it!).

Cheers!

Hugo

bassguy35 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 16:52

Hugo----

If you want to see any of my topics that i have written i have 3. One discussion called 'bass guitar IS important'. One poll called 'which decade had the best rock'. And one announcement called 'listen up all you punk rockers' just in case you wanted to know. write to you later!

<ROCK ON!>
bassguy35
 Post Reply Post Reply