Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many unique visitors does this site get a day?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many unique visitors does this site get a day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many unique visitors does this site get a day?
    Posted: July 02 2019 at 20:36
I remember in the very early days of this website it would say on the front page how many unique visitors this site had each day. I remember it being a lot(and this was around 2004/2005). However, at some point they stopped showing that information. It's not a big deal but if anyone knows and is allowed to say then I would be curious. 
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 20:39
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I remember in the very early days of this website it would say on the front page how many unique visitors this site had each day. I remember it being a lot(and this was around 2004/2005). However, at some point they stopped showing that information. It's not a big deal but if anyone knows and is allowed to say then I would be curious. 

I don't know the exact number, but maybe the mods have an idea. I remember this forum was a lot more active back in my heyday here.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 21:34
more so than that..   remember.. we used to have muso's drop by all the time.  Of course my favorite.. and my favorite war story haha.. was good ol' Steve Wilson himself.  The AR goon squad took care of him memorably.  We were a bunch of bad asses.. no hero worship allowed here ..  unless directed to us for our badassery umm hmmm. 

Now you hardly see any .. famous or even .. two guys in a garage tried to get their band added. It is like the site has sort of dropped off the face of the planet. Just mainly the older timers and the occasional newbie who sticks around.  However I suspect what the problem really is.. we had our prog rivival 10 .. 15 years ago and this place ROCKED with activity.. today.. I think we had the big split between prog and progressive.. progressive fans hae little use for this site I suspect.. and the moldy stale retro prog scene... like the scene itself..  atrophying big time.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 21:50
I have no doubt Tony Banks lurks here sometimes under the user name TB.   And let's not forget Guy Manning who's here frequently.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 21:57
Tony Banks!! Whoo hooo.. oh let me find that out and who he is.. LOL You are so bad David.. you better not be teasing me. You know how much I loved the violence and chaos of those days. I guess it has been a long time since I've run anyone off the site.  Though that last one was quite a memorable one.. that was bloody.... but he drew on me first. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 22:38
You do what you gotta do.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 02:45
Phideaux still stops by on here occasionally 
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 09:35
Lynnette Shelley, singer of The Red Masque, is a regular guest (under the name Redvelvetone). Usually to promote some information about her band.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 10:22
There are a lot of artists that hang around here, but many of them are with the bands that are fighting to get their name out into the public.  I often get messages from various bands after doing reviews.  Many of them rely on progressive (and prog) lovers to help spread the word. 
Prior to this year, I didn't pay much attention to new releases, and at the first of the year, decided I would start reviewing more new material.  I never realized there was so much of it, and I struggle to keep up with it all.  I don't know if there is a surge in new prog releases this year, or if I was just unaware of all the new releases in years past, but I never thought in my wildest premonitions that I would be reviewing at least one new release every day, and still not able to hear them all. 

I find with the access to music and information being so much easier, that there are so many bands that just seem to go unnoticed and get buried in the information superhighway (or whatever other tacky term you want to insert here for the internet), and if we want to see unique music to continue, then it is up to sites like ours to help get their names out there and to make sure the information we put out there is accurate.

But I digress, plus my soapbox just busted out from underneath my feet.  Anyone got a bandage?

Edited by TCat - July 03 2019 at 10:23

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 15:55
I seriously doubt Tony Banks comes in here. Probably a rumor. People used to say he was on the Yesfans website too which I entirely doubt. I have chatted with Billy Sherwood in a chat room once and when I met him in person he confirmed it because he recognized my username when I told him. That was not on this site though but another site(possibly Yesfans but I don't remember). I remember when Steven Wilson came in here also but who knows if that was really him. A lot of people pretend to be people they aren't so you can never really know for sure. I think where you will find the actual prog musicians is on facebook groups. That has been my experience. It's easier for them to promote their music on there and not just their own page.

Anyway, I started this thread because I wanted an idea of how many unique visitors visit this site each day. I thought I remembered it being around 50-60,000 a day. Now it's probably 20-30,000(just a guess) but really I have no idea. I guess no one else here knows for sure either. Oh well. According to Alexa this site ranks 40,209(out of a billion or so websites) so it could be much worse. ;)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 16:36
^ I was kidding.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 19:17
Yo dudes, Geddy Lee here...we finished recording our new album and it should be out early 2020.

In the meantime, take it easy, sissies.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 20:38
^ Mr. Lee, for you to come on this forum and talk to fans like that is appalling.  You won't be getting my hard-earned dollar, sir.  

BTW, big fan !

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 21:56
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ I was kidding.

Oh you mean about Tony Banks? 

A) He probably has no idea bout this website

B) He probably has better things to do. Wink
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 21:59
No unique visitors. A lot of freaks. But not unique.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 05:27

^ I was kidding.

what a tease..  even worse than me...  get a man's hope up.. then leave him all hot and bothered.  Sheesh... 

sex is easy to find..  Tony Banks?  Far less so...
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 06:56
I think you guys are misusing the word unique, this means how many individual visitors the site gets not who the celebs are who have visited.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 07:17
^ ah, i was hoping to find out how many users wear flower pots as party hats LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 07:24
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ ah, i was hoping to find out how many users wear flower pots as party hats LOL

We prefer the term power domes.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 08:06

^ Mr. Lee, for you to come on this forum and talk to fans like that is appalling.  You won't be getting my hard-earned dollar, sir.  

BTW, big fan !

What did I say? how would you call fans who constantly drinks the milk of paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaradise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>