Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VDGG Uncut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VDGG Uncut
    Posted: July 11 2019 at 07:45
Peter, Guy and Hugh reminiscing record by record up until 2016's Do Not Disturb (UNCUT magazine)

Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neu!mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 08:50
Great stuff...love the Hammill quote: "We always had a complicated attitude to what we were prepared to present in order to achieve fame and success, not entirely born out of rationality."

Is that the essence of Progressive Rock, or what?
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 10:11
Thanks! On "Do Not Disturb":

"None of us are getting any younger, so we had at least the glimmer of a thought that possibly this might be the last studio album that we do. We’re not saying it is the last album, but that consciousness has to be there. A lot of the writing of the stuff, especially lyrically, was informed with that thought."

I think from reading some stuff I got the idea that this would definitely have been their last album, but from this quote the possibility of more is clearly open. Not sure whether anything more reliable on the matter has been said in the meantime... we can still hope.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 13:02
Thanks for this link. Great read. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2019 at 12:41
Yeah, fun read, warm memories from three absolutely great artists.

Edited by Quinino - July 13 2019 at 12:42
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2019 at 05:50
How did I miss this?! Thank you for sharing this, OP! Clap

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply