FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resistance - new album from IQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resistance - new album from IQ
    Posted: October 13 2019 at 09:57
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Mine arrived this morning.

Well, I know what I am listening to tonight whilst I do the ironing

me too (except the ironing part which must be the biggest waste of human energy there is lol). Goosebumps all the way on first listen . Is it actually possible that they are getting better?!

There are some terrific passages which shout yes to that question. However, some passages will require careful listening before I can make a final judgement on the album as a whole, which is, to me, the mark of quality. A great album makes you work.

The ironing, btw, is my once weekly excuse to utilise my sound system at full blast, without the requirement to put on headphones. It is my treat, if you will, and the chore is a price well worth paying
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2019 at 03:12
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

me too (except the ironing part which must be the biggest waste of human energy there is lol). Goosebumps all the way on first listen . Is it actually possible that they are getting better?!

Edited by richardh - October 13 2019 at 03:13
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 14:34

I guess it still says pre-order and it is way more expensive then the CD, but I know that you are a vinyl guy.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 13:27
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I received my copy in the mail from their label on Tuesday.

You must have overpaid......Shocked
I bought the CD..I assume that you are probably buying the vinyl version.  I just ordered it early in August along with a number of other items from their store.  It is still the same price today that I ordered it for back in August.

Vinyl version is also backed up, it's not even listed on the IQ store yet. Cry
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 07:25

I bought the CD..I assume that you are probably buying the vinyl version.  I just ordered it early in August along with a number of other items from their store.  It is still the same price today that I ordered it for back in August.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 02:47

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 20:59
Order placed (23$).
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 18:09

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2019 at 13:47
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2019 at 12:40

Seems there have been several delays in release..........I assume nobody has received a copy yet?

Not yet, Jose, no
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2019 at 10:31
Seems there have been several delays in release..........I assume nobody has received a copy yet?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2019 at 23:26
29 bucks, slowly getting there...I'll buy at 25.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 01:51
IQ in the 00s is near flawless afaic. The Seventh House, Dark Matter and Frequency (probably my fav) are fabulous records. The Road of Bones is quite good but not in the same league as the previous three imo.

The Resistance is still largely unavailable here in Canada...saw it for $40 but, no thanks, I'll wait a couple more weeks.

Edit: TRoB has hardly left the car cd player during the last 10 days or so and it is indeed excellent.

Edited by Barbu - October 20 2019 at 12:47
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 00:45
^ 'Same old Genesis Sound' could apply to dozens of neo prog bands/albums tbh. If you are looking for innovation then you won't find it with IQ ( or Neo Prog in general). I can't vouch for the current album as I haven't heard it and in truth I thought the praise heaped on The Road Of Bones was a little over the top . It was good but not that good. IQ are great survivors and have a strong back catalogue of albums to their name and just keep going. They get a lot of credit for longevity and are well liked. However I won't attempt to sway you if you have to have more originality in your music. That is fine and is your choice and best if you don't like Pete Nicholls voice to avoid them altogether!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2019 at 11:16
Could never really get into this band. They are good but they have a similar writing formula on every album. Same old Genesis sound each time and I don't like Peter Nicholls voice. So how is this any different from their last releases?

PA members have it rated quite stellar so far. What am I missing?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2019 at 06:42
I pre-ordered from GEP a couple of weeks ago and am eagerly awaiting its travels across the seas.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2019 at 00:26
Out now but I seem to have made a mistake ordering from Amazon and will have to wait for 15 days for mine.

I don't know if I can wait that long especially now I'm doing 'Stoptober' ( no alcohol for a month)

Stern Smile
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 02:17
now available for pre-order from GEP
Logos View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2019 at 16:38
Great news, really looking forward to it! Thumbs Up
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2019 at 00:07
Count me in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>