Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcley James Harvest - The Iron Maiden

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barcley James Harvest - The Iron Maiden
    Posted: July 13 2019 at 05:32
A bassline of my taste, im a bass player so i have a nitpicky and developed taste in bassline and what i seek and boast about good basslines i develop a taste for. According to my tast. The Iron Maiden to me is one of those songs that have, while not technicly blitzing bass, is stil a tastefull, deep and nicly chromatic scales. Very nice suplementing and accenting the song, creates a landscape which i sometimes feel the bass can do. Emphezice the poweful ballance between melody nd rythem, also one forgett to botice that the songs does not contain drums. Only bass, acoustic guitar and mellotron + vocals.

Edited by Icarium - July 13 2019 at 07:55
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2019 at 17:02
thanks never heard the song ,i like the song mockingbird nice bassline in that song.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2019 at 21:15
Iron Maiden is a good one, one of my favorites from their debut, which is not one of my favorite BJH albums
I seem to remember both "Paper Wings" and "Negative Earth" having great bass lines, both from "Everyone is Everybody Else".
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 07:35
Hi,

BJH .... the Live (early) album … absolutely fantastic! And if that bass is any better … I need new ears!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply