0 [0.00%]
2 [3.23%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2019 at 16:12
yeah.. we love the Mosh. The great tragedy of f**king M@X not taking me on that offer to sell the site and getting me to turn this site back into the brothel and saloon it used to be..

it was not letting me do what I wanted to do.. put Pedro in charge of it all..  he is the site's voice and intellectual center. God bless him.. and his f**king dealer haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 00:27
Symphonic as it includes ELP , Genesis and Yes.

The only other bands that I care about as much as those are Rush and IQ. I'm guessing that Rush are in 'Heavy' category not prog metal? If so then when you include Porcupine Tree and Haken then that is a sub genre that I also like a lot. As far as Neo goes , IQ are probably the only band in that sub genre that I really love. 

On the general point about classifications it seems to me that a lot of RPI falls into Symphonic anyway!

Edited by richardh - July 24 2019 at 06:52
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 08:17
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Mosh, my man, you're unique and totally irreplaceable - long may you live !

(go easy with the smokes, though)

Weird ... I don't do dope at all ... ask my neighbor who takes it medically for his Parkinson's ... and I do not drink any alcohol at all. One can of Diet Coke a day and the rest all water. I think I last had a glass of some local hops over a year ago!

I just live way too much inside the music, the keyboard in my computer, and the things that I write. 

I do "record" a heck of a lot of my dreams, which for all of you would explain some of the appreciation and attention I have to internal details, and specially how they are used in creativity, within a painting, a song, or a book!

Now you know why there are no "genres" for me ... the source is internal for all of us, and it feels like saying that because one is black, that is a genre, because one is white, that is a genre ... and for me IT NEVER IS ... since it is ALL about us, as human beings ... and how much we care about our own inner visions!

It's hard to feel like I have been placed by PA on one of the drawers in Gala's breast ... and it was closed down ... in fact, it is weird and much more surreal than Dali himself!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 08:21
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

yeah.. we love the Mosh. The great tragedy of f**king M@X not taking me on that offer to sell the site and getting me to turn this site back into the brothel and saloon it used to be..

It was not letting me do what I wanted to do.. put Pedro in charge of it all..  he is the site's voice and intellectual center. God bless him.. and his f**king dealer haha

I would be the biggest and best anarchist EVER, in charge of it ... but at my age, I would not want to manage it at all ... I would rather just enjoy being better than GONZO, at least when it comes to a lot of the music, and the arts, which to me ... is ... shall we say ... sacred?

The only change? The top ten would be down tomorrow and be replaced by the top ten bands ... no more sucking up to one album or two for any band! We will treat them as ARTISTS ... and that's that ... and it is what will make "progressive" important, rather than songs ... which no one remembers anymore ... 

I find it weird to see all this sucking up to commercial stuff ... and the lack of respect for "progressive" which started as a counter measure to the commercial appeal.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 08:34
and that is why you would be perfect for the job...  this place when it was great.. was a controlled form of anarchy.  Of the Darwinistic sort..  rule by the strongest and fittest.  i remember one cat we had here years ago from Swedem.. some of the old timers might remember here. Teafax.  Man oh man was he smart as a whip, know his sh*t, but had zero time for fools and was prone to shoot down anyone that he felt was talking nonsense.  Actually a really nice guy once you got passed music.. we sort of connected over.. Swedish style Pizza of all things. Go figure..

anyhow.. yeah...  take my teasing of you as a very inside joke.  Endaring for you know I love you brother. I don't do drugs anymore.. well..   once in a blue moon (see the 67 album thread for the last time haha) but the funny thing is.. no one believes me.  In fact my office gets calls regularly from customers.. especially older farts saying...  well.. this is hard to say for Michael is a lovely guy, very nice, and very friendly and is doing good work.. but.. ummm.. I do have to ask.. have you done a drug test on him.. he is talking to himself as he works. laughing at whatever he is saying to himself, suddnely singing to music he must hear in his head .. though I must say. he really does have a lovely voice

my bosses standard reply..   oh yes..  we know what you are talking about and yes.. believe it or not..  he is regularly drug tested..  he is just ... umm.. sort of odd.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 09:26

he is just ... umm.. sort of odd.

Sorry micky, but that made me chuckle.

The thought of you and Pedro in charge here is a bit like BJ being our PM - it could work out ok but...
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 09:40
For me it would be symphonic prog followed by fusion. Then heavy, avaunt, crossover, eclectic, psychedelic, neo...

Edited by Argo2112 - July 24 2019 at 09:45
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 09:56
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

he is just ... umm.. sort of odd.

Sorry micky, but that made me chuckle.

The thought of you and Pedro in charge here is a bit like BJ being our PM - it could work out ok but...

LOL

oh don't underestimate me my friend.. long have I played the politics of PA's and know how to win. I know what the people love here.. not f**king umpteeth Genesis or f**king Camel threads.. but excitement.. violence.. blook...and sex!!! woo hoo.. You'd see how well it worked when you got the surprise gift I'd send over a flimsy nightie and nothing else to all the old time collabs to ensure their loyalty and support as Pedro and I weave our dastardly deeds on this now Leave it to Beaver like forum and bring back the days of the Soprano like forum of old when Mick ruled from his seat in front of the stage at the Bada Bing deep within the Collab zone....and ordered hits to his enemies... and freebies given out to his buddies and cronies.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 11:04
^^You guys are too funny.  Part of me wants to start a poll for "Favorite PA Member "  but I'm pretty sure they would pull it down.  Lots of interesting characters here. , always fun! Wink
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 12:04
I'm game, micky, take me on board and make us a ruling triumvirat ClownDeadWacko
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 12:24
ahh man.. don't think just because I don't come by and troll you and Eugene's work anymore that I don't have immense respect for the work you guys do for the site.  That sh*t as always the nitty gritty unglamorous side of doing work for the site. 

We.. the genre team leaders were the rock stars of the site back in the day. Especially for me as I had my hand in many and led multiple teams. And that made us popular. I've had offers booze, drugs, women... even friendship haha... tossed at me by desperate bands wanting to get their bands exposure through addition to teh site.  (yes the site has changed that much. It once was like that)  but you guys..  you toil away and keep the site going and going strong through its real value. That database.. so yeah..  you and Eugene always had a place in my plans for the site. While Pedro would rule over the forum, the discussion side, you two would lord over the database.   
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 14:48
Ok, ok, enough flattering !
I accept the plan with one condition, our future site anthem has absolutely to be ...

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 16:34
So what is poast metal? Is that like toast metal?Wink
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 19:03

Ok, ok, enough flattering !

hey man..  if you get flattered from me. .who the hell you going to get it from.  Take it and wear it proudly. You both earned it 

I accept the plan with one condition, our future site anthem has absolutely to be ...

awesome!  but well..time to break you in to the ways of the old AR Thug's... you get your first assignment as we are jumping the gun here... my first job for you might be to make M@X disappear since the motherf**ker didn't have the good sense to sell the site to me. 

huh what's this.. A theme song..  cool.. 

*spits beer on monitor*

what the HELL is that.. there wasn't even a mandolin in it.. much less car crashes..  blood..  naked women.. guitars..  or sex. Jeez.. i think you aren't quite AR Thug material.. 

you sir.. are fired....

Edited by micky - July 24 2019 at 19:04
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 02:52
LOL

Have a nice b-day, my friend !
(hope the round number wont carry too much weight, it did on me back then)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 05:42
thanks buddy.. yeah... it is a big one.  It helps that Raff told me with a completely straight face that I don't look a day over 30.. which is great.. but still sucks because at 40... I was (completely serious here) still being carded for cigarettes.. so yeah advanced decrepitude is creeping in.

It is a big one for me as I am making some substantial life changes.. both in career and in how I have been abusing myself. The stress of work gave me an excuse.. but eliminating that gives me little excuse with the better half anymore hahahah
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 07:00
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

So what is poast metal? Is that like toast metal?Wink

In the old days of FM radio, that was known as MOS .... more of the same!
www.pedrosena.com
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2019 at 17:25
I voted Canterbury cuz I love the way the music entertains in a light, happy-go-lucky way though the musicianship and composition is always strong.

Two recent discoveries: 
AMOEBA SPLIT (both albums)
HOMUNCULUS RES (three albums, the debut being one of my favorite five albums of ALL-TIME)

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 03:05
Great Poll! Thumbs Up My vote goes to Psychedelic/Space Rock, as you can probably guess from my username. Tongue
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 06:33
Impossible to say
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>