Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tull-Stormwatch remix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tull-Stormwatch remix
    Posted: July 18 2019 at 15:09
Looking forward to this double album. Think it will be the best of the Wilson remixes so far. The second album is at least 40 minutes long without including the 9 minute version of Elegy. This bunch may be better than the actual album. What a band

Crossword
Kelpie
A Stitch In Time
A Single Man
Broadford Bazaar
King Henry’s Madrigal
Orion (full version) Urban Apocalypse
The Lyricon Blues
Man Of God
Rock Instrumental Prelude To A Storm

Edited by dr prog - July 21 2019 at 15:14
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 15:55
Stormwatch is one of my Tull faves. Cool release.

dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 16:03
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Stormwatch is one of my Tull faves. Cool release.

I counted 90 minutes worth of studio without including the early versions. Heaps of strong tracks on this. Definitely has to the best band of 1979. Will be better than Horses and Songs remix sets and they were great
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 05:17
This is Pre Order at Burning Shed.com out of the UK. The Official release date I have is October 18th, 2019. It is tentatively dubbed the Stormwatch 40Th Anniversary Box Set Force 10 Edition. I think it's 3 discs plus 2 dvds. "Keep your eyes open and prick up your ears!"
Deafmoon
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 05:49
In my opinion the most interesting part of these Deluxe Tull releases is multichannel mixes of the albums. Live records and videos, rarities and informative books also make them essential for Tull fans.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 13:51
Autobuy. The conclusion of Tull's unofficial folk trilogy is one of the band's finest hours. A rich helping of previously unreleased music, too! The Special Editions for SFTW and HH were likewise fantastic.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 15:21
71, 74 and 79 were great years for Tull bonus tracks. Basically double albums those years. I tend to think there were more quality tracks on the bonus albums. Same could have been said for 76 but we only got half an extra album with some of the session tapes missing
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 18:02
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

71, 74 and 79 were great years for Tull bonus tracks. Basically double albums those years. I tend to think there were more quality tracks on the bonus albums. Same could have been said for 76 but we only got half an extra album with some of the session tapes missing

More true with Broadsword than any other Tull record!
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2019 at 01:57
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

More true with Broadsword than any other Tull record!

For sure. This is a triple album lol. I was just talking about the remixes so far. I pray that Wilson remixes Broadsword. Some of the 30 odd tracks have an average-bad drum sound. He’ll make songs so much more enjoyable with his touch. At the moment I find songs such as Beastie and Jackalynn unlistenable with the drums as they sound. I’ll actually really enjoy them with a quieter toned down snare though. Some of the reverb can be reduced in the occasional song too. I notice Wilson makes the drums less harsh with less reverb over the remixes so far
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 21:01

We have a strong double album of tunes here. I've added a couple of pretty cool instrumentals and used the longer version of Orion. 80 minutes of tunes. Wasn't crazy about Urban Apocalypse or Man of God. They didn't make the cut LOL

1 North Sea Oil 3:11
2 Home 2:46
3 Dark Ages 9:12
4 Warm Sporran 3:58
5 Something's On The Move 4:30
6 Old Ghosts 4:24
7 A Single Man 2:40
8 Dun Ringill 2:42
9 Flying Dutchman 7:43
10 Elegy 3:34
11 Crossword 3:37
12 Kelpie 3:35        
13 King Henry's Madrigal 3:01
14 A Stitch In Time 4:28        
15 Broadford Bazaar 3:46
16 The Lyricon Blues 5:16
17 Orion 9:14
18 Prelude to a storm 2:34

Edited by dr prog - October 20 2019 at 16:01
 Post Reply Post Reply