Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sadly my Mum just died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 04:02
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and condolences are with you.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 08:34
How sad ! ... my thoughts are with you and your loved ones... May your mom have found peace and you can find solace.

Edited by Machinemessiah - July 20 2019 at 09:10
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 09:48
My deepest condolences to you, your loved ones and your family.  May she be remembered and kept alive in your thoughts and love.  We'll all be thinking of you as you go through this time. 

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 09:57
RIP
Woon Deadn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woon Deadn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 11:23
There's a nice (at least to many of my compatriots) Ukrainian song called mAmyna vYshn'a - Mother's Cherry-Tree. There's a sort of pretty extremely low budget music video for it, practically every Ukrainian has rural, agricultural roots. Everybody has grandparents who live in a village. So, this esthetics may be very foreign to some. Still, the nicest in this song is the words. In Ukrainian. I am not an expert in translation, so believe me, the words say good things of a mother, and that's it: 

Woon Deadn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woon Deadn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 11:56
To the more modern in all respects music. Another Ukrainian female singer, once titled the Golden Voice Of Ukraine, Taisiya Povaliy, performed this famous (for us) a cappella song about mother in Ukrainian. It is a tearjerker, actually, again: 

There are two notable moments about this stuff. First, Mrs. Povaliy is now hated by many Ukrainians as she was the member of the Party Of Regions and did not support Euromaidan. Some go that far as to say she is the enemy of Ukrainian people. Like, Stalin has died, but his terminology lives on... Second, the man who wrote the lyrics (he was actually the poet and it was the poem, initially) was the life-long member of the Communist Party... Uhm, not every Communist kills and rapes, in fact those who did, mostly died in the 1950s - if we speak about our lands, at least. The Communists also led this woman with a golden voice from a distant village to become a celebrity. I am not going to defend the Communism as such, I am just telling that hardly anybody in North Korea would love to live in it if he/she had a choice. But that's not quite the case with post-Stalin USSR, oh no. There was a very specific Soviet atmosphere that many miss today. Not that they want it back - but to just paint the Soviet Union black... that's childish. And that's very untrue. Though in case of Pol Pot's Cambodia, North Korea et al - yeah, there's hardly anything that people would really miss.

I hope that I helped you to think of something else than your loss, and so somewhat made you feel better. 

As you can easily see, English is far from being my native tongue :-). 
Still, I thought for a long time what would I write on the death of my mother (which has not happened, yet). Again, excuse me if I chose wrong words, as I improvised and it was a stream of words that looked nicely and sounded nicely rather than having obvious meaning - but there's a verse, which I hope can be interesting to you: 

Tonight my mother has died
Was she ideal? Was she perfect? 
Was her all life right?

Then tell me the truth 
Of people wretched in blood, wrenched with blood 
Kind of being kind 
Pretty woven, gladly blind.

What if they are forsakenly forethought 
Aren't grand enough, weren't gruesome nor tough
Riders of the rite, 
Compare them all them crap 
To my mom, 
Darling Mom
That has timelessly died a few moments before,  
tonight.

Mar 8, 2019 
1:10 AM

Edited by Woon Deadn - July 21 2019 at 11:59
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 15:40
You have my most sincere condolences.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 06:56
My condolences Friede.  Treasure the good memories of time spent with your mom.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 07:58
So sorry for your loss Friede. Our thoughts are with you.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 08:00
Sad news! I'm very sorry for your loss, Friede!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 10:35
I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 12:09
Thank you all for your kind words.

There was a ridiculous aftermath to her death. The doctor who issued the death certificate found a black and blue spot on the back of my Mum and informed the police; we were actually suspected of having done away with her, and an autopsy was made. Of course it turned out that this had not been the case.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 14:37
Very sorry to read this and hope you and your family are able to get through this unfortunate change of circumstances.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 14:52
I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. Take care.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 15:43
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words.

There was a ridiculous aftermath to her death. The doctor who issued the death certificate found a black and blue spot on the back of my Mum and informed the police; we were actually suspected of having done away with her, and an autopsy was made. Of course it turned out that this had not been the case.

Granted we are exceedingly good at exporting not just our crass culture but also the very seedy side of America aboard but it does seem the good Doctor has been watching just a bit too much cheap trashy American reality T.V and thinks everyone is out to off dear old mom for a few damn dollars. 

sorry to hear that Friede.. as it that wasn't difficult enough.. and so for all Americans.. I do apologize..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 16:15
I'm very sorry for your loss.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 16:22
I'm also sorry for your loss..........................................been there with both my mom and dad.
But good memories will always remain.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 18:09
Friede, I'm sorry I only just saw this. Very sorry for your loss. 
Odvin Draoi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odvin Draoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 19:29
For your mother: RIP
For you: condolences and wish you spiritual strength. Death is instant for a person, she neither suffers nor enjoys life anymore, which is OK. Yet it can be compelling or overwhelming for the family and friends. Hope it can be smooth for you, as far as it can get.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 04:21
My condolences to you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>