Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Bears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Bears
    Posted: July 20 2019 at 06:34
Any PA members remember and dig The Bears (Adrian Belew – guitar, vocal; Rob Fetters – guitar, vocal; Bob Nyswonger – bass; and Chris Arduser drums)? Their debut album released in 1987 remains one of my favorite discs of all time. I was lucky enough to see them in concert several times and the energy they displayed onstage filtered into the audience. Everyone was having a blast. I have never seen any band having so much fun. Their other three releases are decent but don’t match the debut. If you never saw them live the DVD Live at Club Cafe captures that energy. Also, Fetters, Nyswonger, and Arduser were in the band Psychodots. They also had some cool tunes.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 06:43
I like em. Quite a talented band. I like how they share the songwriting and singing - Belew is probably the guy that will draw people in, but he’s not the star of the show, they all are.
I saw a concert on the Car Caught Fire tour. Very tight.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 09:40
I have heard of them. They were one of the post 80's KC related bands/projects. Another one was Sunday all over the world. You also had Bruford's earthworks.
 Post Reply Post Reply