Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still SOFT after all these years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still SOFT after all these years
    Posted: July 20 2019 at 16:23
The remaining members recovered the original moniker from the dust of 50+ years - read what they've got to tell  now (2017) about the band and the music

(BTW the band has a new official webpage with updated info, see PA page for the link - the old link moved to  footnote)

Edited by Quinino - July 20 2019 at 16:30
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 16:30
Still soft? Hey, that's nothing to brag about.LOL
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 16:35
You know the old saying: those who most brag about are certainly the ones who merit the less.
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 17:13
Thanks! That was a lovely read.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 01:30
Well I'll be!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 07:48
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

Thanks! That was a lovely read.
Indeed.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 07:52
In terms of producing new fresh music these days the Softs pretty much beat them all (assuming that the last studio VDGG and KC albums are already published, but who knows?).
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 20:23
Thank you for the link to the article! Haven't seen that one. I was fortunate to see Soft Machine in Berkeley earlier this year - speaking of full-circle (mentioned in the article in the context of Pink Floyd & Soft Machine), John Etheridge mentioned during the concert that the last time they had played in Berkeley was when they opened for Jimi Hendrix!

I'm actually really into Roy Babbington - I'm a bass player and have long been fascinated with the Fender Bass VI, of which Sir Babbington is a master. I wrote about the concert and my obsession interest in his playing and instruments, in case you're looking for more reading:

I think I'm going to write another post updating with info from this article, so thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply