Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thrak vs Construction Of Light vs Power To Believe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrak vs Construction Of Light vs Power To Believe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which is your favorite
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [42.50%]
4 [10.00%]
19 [47.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrak vs Construction Of Light vs Power To Believe
    Posted: July 20 2019 at 18:21
For me, the power to believe is the winner far and away. A truly heavy album and my 3rd favorite crimson album after court and red
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 18:31
Thrak is the winner for me.  One of my favorite KC albums, yet unfortunately not very well like by most, but probably one of their most influential albums.

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 18:51
TPTB
TCOL
Thrak 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 19:01
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Thrak is the winner for me.  One of my favorite KC albums, yet unfortunately not very well like by most, but probably one of their most influential albums.

I’m a big fan as well
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 19:57
Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with these. I never even owned thrak believe it or not. 
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 20:05
PtB is a modern masterpiece.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 21:21
The Power to Believe.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 23:23
The Power to Believe! The other two are ok I guess, but not at the same level as The Power to Believe.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 02:22
I dislike all three equally so much; no dice.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 02:25
Thrak
Libor10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libor10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 03:25
The Power To Believe is IMO more than a level up comparing those two others. So it gets my vote without a slight hesitation. It's great record on par with some of KC 70's works.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 09:42
I really need to get TPTB again. I remember thinking the first track on it sounded like the previous album and what they had already done but the rest of it was really good.
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 10:05
The Power to Believe from these three, but probably my least favourite KC albums and also my least played.

ConstruKtion of Light I just couldn't get into and THRAK gives me a pounding headache
Songs cast a light on you
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 10:14
The Construkction of Light is up there with the classics for me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 10:25
^ Not for me. I only had that album briefly. For one thing some of the lyrics rubbed me the wrong way(I'm not going to get into that here though). I will probably get it again at some point just to have it in my collection though.
questionsneverknown View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questionsneverknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 11:36
The Power to Believe is a stunner.
All three are tremendous albums, really. With the new Heaven + Earth box in the house, I've got this period on fairly constant rotation these days. Loved Thrak and PtB when they both came out, but I'm only now really starting to truly appreciate CoL (or ReCoL) now.
The damage that we do is just so powerfully strong we call it love

The damage that we do just goes on and on and on but not long enough.

--Robyn Hitchcock
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2019 at 17:02
Thrak is great. I have some more problems with the other two. Need to be in the mood, but anyway, they come across as somewhat cold to me.
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 05:56
Thrak for me...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 06:17
I like Thrak and Power to Believe equally, but I'll give Thrak the vote, as it needs them!

Construktion of Light never done much for me.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 07:28
Thrak is a throwback to the Wetton-era Crimson and owes much to LTIA
TCOL is more akin to the 80's Crimson, which was never my thing

TPTB, despite the small title tracks evoking Poseidon's Peace themes, is probably a return to Burell/Wallace era.

Edited by Sean Trane - July 22 2019 at 07:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>