Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Display Team - Heavy Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpressiveLad1597 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Display Team - Heavy Prog
    Posted: July 26 2019 at 05:59
The Display Team are a UK based "Progressive Punk band" taking strong influence from the infamous Cardiacs. Beginning in the year 2000 they have produced an EP (Huzzah!) and two albums ("Drones" and "Shifts") released in 2006, 2009 and 2016 respectively and are presumably still very much active given that I saw them perform live a couple of weeks ago.

The music itself is based around heavy guitars balanced by two musicians playing brass instruments, with the music chopping and changing tempos and time signatures in a typically Cardiacs-esque fashion. The whole band are vocalists as well which is very interesting. The high tempo, hectic nature of the songs, the heavy guitars and loud brass lead me to believe that Heavy Prog is the best classification though I think an argument could be made for eclectic prog.

Here is the band's bandcamp

An example live performance (Is This The News)

More info on their Wikipedia page

Edited by ImpressiveLad1597 - July 26 2019 at 11:52
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Hemulen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2019 at 07:58
I've not been active here for a very long time, but I'm quite surprised they're not already listed. Had I known that I would have suggested them myself years ago!
ImpressiveLad1597 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpressiveLad1597 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2019 at 11:57
Ye I was very surprised to find they weren't on here already, especially since I think they have connections with acts such as Knifeworld and Lost Crowns.
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2019 at 04:12
Display Team on our charts, they got an avant-garde style in their song structures with a heavier sound
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Post Reply Post Reply