Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frost* favorite

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What is your fave Frost*?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [57.14%]
1 [7.14%]
5 [35.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frost* favorite
    Posted: July 26 2019 at 07:50
What do you think of Frost*? The first time I heard Milliontown in 2006 I was blown away. Their other two releases also are stellar. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2019 at 01:09
Such a shame that there has only been 3 albums. Much of that is because of Jem's health issues I think but he and John Mitchell are truly a magic combination. 
I voted Falling Satellites because I love all of it. Some lovely nods to Duke era Genesis ( A fine day for it) and original modern prog (Towerblock and Heartstrings)
Was just looking at the album listing and apparently Joe Satriani played on Closer To The Sun. WOW!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2019 at 09:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Such a shame that there has only been 3 albums. Much of that is because of Jem's health issues I think but he and John Mitchell are truly a magic combination. 
I voted Falling Satellites because I love all of it. Some lovely nods to Duke era Genesis ( A fine day for it) and original modern prog (Towerblock and Heartstrings)
Was just looking at the album listing and apparently Joe Satriani played on Closer To The Sun. WOW!

Totally agree. I think they are one of the better newer prog bands out there, and their output is stellar. Did not know about Jem's health issues. Hope he gets better.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 05:05
Also voted Falling Satellites, a brilliant album, but all 3 are great.  So much fantastic keyboarderyCool
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 00:19
yep I should have put Jem on the underrated keyboard players list.

BTW all Frost fans should check out the Rockfield Sessions DVD. Music is great of course but Jem and John Mitchell are a great prog double act on the interviews as an extra bonus!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 01:29
EiMA

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 07:58
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

yep I should have put Jem on the underrated keyboard players list.

BTW all Frost fans should check out the Rockfield Sessions DVD. Music is great of course but Jem and John Mitchell are a great prog double act on the interviews as an extra bonus!

That DVD is amazing. Should be required listening.
 Post Reply Post Reply