Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marco Minnemann

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marco Minnemann
    Posted: July 29 2019 at 08:56
http://marcominnemann.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu2IugB3pHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuNuE_XaHRs&list=OLAK5uy_nd5PxOlAZ7DNXbXOkAWjT7hftt_-ELW_8&index=2

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 10:19

What sub-genre are you suggesting them for and what validates the suggestion?

Edited by Tapfret - July 29 2019 at 10:19
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 10:48
I was hoping the moderators would decide. I could suggest eclectic prog. The validation is the variety of his music with influences from techno to jazz. 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 11:14
Ok

BTW, you can embed YT videos to your post. Use the tags [tube][/tube]. Put the code after the equal sign from the link between the open and close tags. In your link it's this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu2IugB3pHM

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 11:20
Actually, I previewed some other of his albums and will refer him to Jazz rock fusion.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 11:42
Thanks.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 11:49
Schattenspiel is fantastic. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 16:52
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Schattenspiel is fantastic. 

Glad you like it. Marco has 18 solo albums. First one came out in 1998. I have heard maybe eight of his solo works and I like them all. Plus he played on Steven Wilson's best releases, The Aristocrats, several albums with Rudess, Keneally, and countless others. Check out the latest Dewa Budjana Mahandini with both Marco and Jordan. Marco is an one of a kind talent, and even the weird songs, that usually are not my taste, I like.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - July 29 2019 at 18:26
 Post Reply Post Reply