Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wish You Were Here has overtaken Thick As A Brick
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish You Were Here has overtaken Thick As A Brick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2019 at 09:27
If we don't discuss these "lists" and "rankings" then there is nothing to discuss.....shut down PA.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2019 at 18:42
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

If we don't discuss these "lists" and "rankings" then there is nothing to discuss.....shut down PA.

I still think that the BOTTOM 10 has far better and more interesting music, than the TOP 10. 

My problem with the Top Ten is that too much of it is repetitive and boring and not as valid and important in the listing of bands and artists that made this thing happen. On top of it, the listings are not about "artists", but about fans some 50 years later ... well, hellllls bells ... I still vote for some Mahler and Beethoven before I will some of those listings in the "so-called" TOP TEN.

That one went past the other? Oh my, I need a hanky and some ....... well, leave it to your imagination! 

What a bunch of tasteless listening ninnies ... that have to be told what is 1 or 2 or 3 ... so they will listen to it!

Tongue
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2019 at 19:37
I find it funny how people, myself included, always argue spots on the lists, but nobody seems to be offended by Close to the Edge being number one. Everyone has kinda accepted that that is THE prog album
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2019 at 21:23
Wywh just a solid bluesy prog album. Not much strong composition 3.5 stars. Ctte is better but still has 15 minutes of filler. 4 stars from me. Yes have dropped out of my top 10 now that I’ve found more bands from the same era who are better
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 00:35
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I still think that the BOTTOM 10 has far better and more interesting music, than the TOP 10. 

My problem with the Top Ten is that too much of it is repetitive and boring and not as valid and important in the listing of bands and artists that made this thing happen. On top of it, the listings are not about "artists", but about fans some 50 years later ... well, hellllls bells ... I still vote for some Mahler and Beethoven before I will some of those listings in the "so-called" TOP TEN.

That one went past the other? Oh my, I need a hanky and some ....... well, leave it to your imagination! 

What a bunch of tasteless listening ninnies ... that have to be told what is 1 or 2 or 3 ... so they will listen to it!

Tongue

Well you know that last comment is just not true of anyone around here whatsoever unless you really don't bother reading other's views, It actually contradicts the whole point of the thread which is to challenge the order and its fun to discuss. and we all know that music is not a sport .

I do agree about your point about the list not really being about artists. Pink Floyd made 3 of the best prog albums ever but I've never found them a particularly interesting band. However I will always talk about WYWH as something special because it really is!

Camel are probably one of the most boring prog bands to me but they still nailed it with Mirage and The Snowgoose. They had a moment or 2 that should be recognised.

I'm a massive ELP fan but really their albums can be hit or miss and many quite understandably will not rate their albums very highly. 

So yes the PA album is list only exists as a discussion point and that is all we are doing.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 01:21
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

What's the difference?

Higher level of musicianship and more complexity doesn't mean better. Dark Side hits all the right notes and is definitely superior to CTTE afaic.

Nah, CTTE definitely belongs above that overplayed Floyd noise, especially DSOTM. In fact, I'd put Tull ahead of Yes if anything in terms of hitting all the prog notes (mostly on TAAB), but the psych stuff never hit me as much as the folk stuff, hence my predisposition to Yes and Tull vs not getting everyone's obsession with PF.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 04:15
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I find it funny how people, myself included, always argue spots on the lists, but nobody seems to be offended by Close to the Edge being number one. Everyone has kinda accepted that that is THE prog album

Not by me it's not, but who am I to judge? (rhetorical question)
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 04:26
I'd prefer Wish You Were Here to Thick As A Brick anytime, but I still don't think it's Pink Floyd's best album.
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 04:29
Getting back to the top 10, 50, 100 or whatever; I have a theory that I cannot prove, which is... that PA is dominated (in sheer numbers) by Yes, Genesis and Pink Floyd appreciators in that order....then follows KC, Tull, Gentle Giant, VdGG and maybe ELP with newer bands such as Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and a few others. I have no proof mind you. Just my gut feeling. So IMO, the PA "charts" reflect ultra appreciators of these bands' outputs and therefore they have a hold on this site.

BTW: I hate the derogatory term "fanboy"....invented by people who have nothing better to do but invent nasty terms, when really these followers just love their band with a passion; which I think is great...so I deem them "ultra appreciators"!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 08:32
I use to call them superfans. A highly passionate but quite obsessive breed...and often difficult to discuss objectively with if you don't share their unconditional love.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 08:51
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

What's the difference?

Higher level of musicianship and more complexity doesn't mean better. Dark Side hits all the right notes and is definitely superior to CTTE afaic.

Nah, CTTE definitely belongs above that overplayed Floyd noise, especially DSOTM. In fact, I'd put Tull ahead of Yes if anything in terms of hitting all the prog notes (mostly on TAAB), but the psych stuff never hit me as much as the folk stuff, hence my predisposition to Yes and Tull vs not getting everyone's obsession with PF.

Yeah, CTTE surely belongs to the top ten: two very strong and one exceptional track but my definition of noise certainly does not include the words pink and floyd dude.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 20:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I do agree about your point about the list not really being about artists. Pink Floyd made 3 of the best prog albums ever but I've never found them a particularly interesting band. However I will always talk about WYWH as something special because it really is!

Pink Floyd was over for me as a preference, right after the shows of DSOTM, and 1975 when I was already involved in a small way with Space Pirate Radio and the incredible inclusion of new music from Europe and everywhere else ... that (sometimes I think) that Progressive Music fans, do not appreciate as much!

I still saw them, and enjoyed the music, but the thrill and excitement of the music was surpassed by hundreds of miles by many other bands from Europe ... and those lists do not consider, or reflect that reality. After you choose something from YES or PF, you come back and choose another, because your listening is not as good for too many other bands in Europe ... you take one band you heard it (probably) 50 times less than PF ... thus your preferences can not improve and find/understand other musics and cultures.

I didn't dislike WYWH at all ... I was just disappointed because the 3 best songs that PF was playing during the DSOTM shows were not released ... WYWH was, which in many ways, not only copied the idea and format of DSOTM, and my take still is, that the record company wanted something that was closer to DSOTM ... because the other 3 songs weren't. One was a super space rocker that became washed out in Clorox, and the other 2 were fine, though I could accept Pigs got better, even though it almost followed the Money song design in its album version and was different in the original bootlegs. These bootlegs have been released now, but they have been placed in the wrong album, and it makes them sound wrong and the audience that likes WYWH is not going to enjoy something in that album that is so much in the original spirit of "Interstellar Overdrive" and "Astronomy Domine" ... and that "clash" of material, ends up stating that the other material was not as good, and thus, later, ANIMALS is half the album that WYWH became ... 

I'm a massive ELP fan but really their albums can be hit or miss and many quite understandably will not rate their albums very highly. 

I kinda started in some of this because ELP was doing some classical music, and in fact the first album of theirs I got was PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION, something that most Progressive Music fans, here ... it seems ... do not appreciate much ... and while it is not a poerfect rendition of the work, it is VERY GOOD, and much better than a myriad of classical versions by famed conductors.

My take, AT THE TIME, was that this was far out classical music done by the kids of our generation, you know the kids that will NEVER EVER get any recognition in any school and be appreciated for their work. And my appreciation and comments on it, have proven true to the umpteenth degree. When you hear Rachel Flowers do TARKUS and other pieces by Keith/ELP, you know right away that is one of the greatest pieces of piano music ever composed in the 20th century ... but that comment will not go anywhere, because folks here don't even know what a piano concerto is ... all they know is a song and a solo! f**k the symphony and the concerto! And any "admins" not understanding that, shows they have little appreciation for music, and that is what is hurting "progressive music" today ... no one knows music, except a song!

I'm not exactly angry ... just disappointed that folks "in charge" have no conceptual understanding of what they are doing, because if they did, they would not waste their time commenting on top of the pop songs, and not helping elevate the music ... it feels like Dean ... who stated to me ... that it's all pop music, anyway ... and we're going to keep it that way, to kill it. So, in the end, there was nothing different about "progressive" that made it stand out!

I can't help thinking that we've gone insane! Embarrassed

NOT INSANE ... as the Firesign Theater would say! AND, of course, everything you know is WONG!

Edited by moshkito - August 07 2019 at 20:17
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 01:00
Originally posted by BarryGlibb BarryGlibb wrote:

Getting back to the top 10, 50, 100 or whatever; I have a theory that I cannot prove, which is... that PA is dominated (in sheer numbers) by Yes, Genesis and Pink Floyd appreciators in that order....then follows KC, Tull, Gentle Giant, VdGG and maybe ELP with newer bands such as Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and a few others. I have no proof mind you. Just my gut feeling. So IMO, the PA "charts" reflect ultra appreciators of these bands' outputs and therefore they have a hold on this site.

BTW: I hate the derogatory term "fanboy"....invented by people who have nothing better to do but invent nasty terms, when really these followers just love their band with a passion; which I think is great...so I deem them "ultra appreciators"!

Those are the bands on which prog is founded otherwise this site wouldn't even exist.

I don't mind being called an 'ELP fanboy' .I am a little obsessed but it is what it is. I think though there is an inequality in terms of bands that are considered 'high brow' (ie Gentle Giant , VDGG , Genesis) and then bands like ELP and perhaps the more heavier bands of the seventies that were having 'too much fun' so couldn't be considered sophisticated. Yes kinda sit somewhere in between which might be another explanation for their popularity and that of CTTE. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 01:05

Pink Floyd was over for me as a preference, right after the shows of DSOTM, and 1975 when I was already involved in a small way with Space Pirate Radio and the incredible inclusion of new music from Europe and everywhere else ... that (sometimes I think) that Progressive Music fans, do not appreciate as much!

I still saw them, and enjoyed the music, but the thrill and excitement of the music was surpassed by hundreds of miles by many other bands from Europe ... and those lists do not consider, or reflect that reality. After you choose something from YES or PF, you come back and choose another, because your listening is not as good for too many other bands in Europe ... you take one band you heard it (probably) 50 times less than PF ... thus your preferences can not improve and find/understand other musics and cultures.

I didn't dislike WYWH at all ... I was just disappointed because the 3 best songs that PF was playing during the DSOTM shows were not released ... WYWH was, which in many ways, not only copied the idea and format of DSOTM, and my take still is, that the record company wanted something that was closer to DSOTM ... because the other 3 songs weren't. One was a super space rocker that became washed out in Clorox, and the other 2 were fine, though I could accept Pigs got better, even though it almost followed the Money song design in its album version and was different in the original bootlegs. These bootlegs have been released now, but they have been placed in the wrong album, and it makes them sound wrong and the audience that likes WYWH is not going to enjoy something in that album that is so much in the original spirit of "Interstellar Overdrive" and "Astronomy Domine" ... and that "clash" of material, ends up stating that the other material was not as good, and thus, later, ANIMALS is half the album that WYWH became ... 

I kinda started in some of this because ELP was doing some classical music, and in fact the first album of theirs I got was PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION, something that most Progressive Music fans, here ... it seems ... do not appreciate much ... and while it is not a poerfect rendition of the work, it is VERY GOOD, and much better than a myriad of classical versions by famed conductors.

My take, AT THE TIME, was that this was far out classical music done by the kids of our generation, you know the kids that will NEVER EVER get any recognition in any school and be appreciated for their work. And my appreciation and comments on it, have proven true to the umpteenth degree. When you hear Rachel Flowers do TARKUS and other pieces by Keith/ELP, you know right away that is one of the greatest pieces of piano music ever composed in the 20th century ... but that comment will not go anywhere, because folks here don't even know what a piano concerto is ... all they know is a song and a solo! f**k the symphony and the concerto! And any "admins" not understanding that, shows they have little appreciation for music, and that is what is hurting "progressive music" today ... no one knows music, except a song!

I'm not exactly angry ... just disappointed that folks "in charge" have no conceptual understanding of what they are doing, because if they did, they would not waste their time commenting on top of the pop songs, and not helping elevate the music ... it feels like Dean ... who stated to me ... that it's all pop music, anyway ... and we're going to keep it that way, to kill it. So, in the end, there was nothing different about "progressive" that made it stand out!

I can't help thinking that we've gone insane! Embarrassed

NOT INSANE ... as the Firesign Theater would say! AND, of course, everything you know is WONG!

ok interesting thoughts especially about PAAE .That was the first album I purchased with my own pocket money as a 13 year old and I really hated it! (no songs!!) I would comment more but I need to go to work..
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 02:12

What's the difference?

Yeah, CTTE surely belongs to the top ten: two very strong and one exceptional track but my definition of noise certainly does not include the words pink and floyd dude.

I'm just sassing you my man, I know you, myself, and a few others have stood our ground and reasoned out our faves. I started a semi-troll thread a year ago on DSoTM being overrated and I didn't expect it to take off like it did honestly LOL. I'm not as harsh on said record as I seem!

Still, Yes and PF are apples and oranges to me. Two completely different moods. When I'm down PF brings me up. When I'm up, Yes takes me higher somehow (I get up, I get down...). Prog is power!

Edited by Frenetic Zetetic - August 08 2019 at 02:13

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 06:13

ok interesting thoughts especially about PAAE .That was the first album I purchased with my own pocket money as a 13 year old and I really hated it! (no songs!!) I would comment more but I need to go to work..

See? That's exactly what I mean ... you were already "conditioned" to "songs" ... and had no idea at the time that music was something else altogether.

And this is all I'm fighting, as we get older ... we still walk around like we don't know what "music" is ... and are starting to think/say that one song music makes ... and it doesn't. It takes a lot more and some value to the work at hand ... otherwise every goon that puts two notes on a DAW will be a composer and called progressive simply because the melody is not up front! Dumb stuff like that!

From a compositional standard, "songs" are not very good music, for the most part. I would like to help that get a better support, but can't if they remain "songs". When they become "compositions" as is the case of CTTE, and so many other albums/pieces of music, then things change some ... now you have a serious piece of music, not just a piece of fluff.

And, maybe, just maybe, that is the problem ... no band takes their creation of "songs" as serious music ... it's just a song! But I can tell you that some of those things listed on that top ten of ours were NOT considered "songs" in those days ... they were treated as a lot more ... that we are now trying hard to hide it lest it be shown that not only do we NOT know music, but that we actually don't care.

For PROGRESSIVE MUSIC to be remembered and take a massive step in MUSIC HISTORY, we have to define it and show it to be much more serious than just a song, on a top ten list ... and I am not sure that most of us here care to even give a try, about that ... our respect for the arts, per se, has disappeared and died, and we're making sure to keep it dead ... such a commercial attitude in favor of its own thing ... that we refuse to see and understand.

If you had seen FM radio be sold to the conglomerates from the mid 70's on, and how it hurt PROGRESSIVE music and all the stuff coming out of Europe to the point where people even say that "Progressive Music" died in the 80's ... you would have understood this a lot better ... my dislike for the conglomerate that tells you what to play and like goes way back to many Sci-Fi writers ... not just a song or two. I'm not a great fan of the Overlords of Society, even if they are just some Admins in PA ... doesn't mean they are "wrong" or "right", but that's not something that we will be capable of seeing today or tomorrow ... but the results will be clear in a few years. DEAD! (All of us, actually, not just the music!)
www.pedrosena.com
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 07:47

Nothing wrong with discussing lists and I own most that are in the Top 100. For a newbie this would be a great starting point, but these rankings/lists don't really matter because they are just opinions. There are several albums not even mentioned in the Top 100 that I believe should be there. And the way the average rating of an album is calculated is silly.  Rating only: Weight = 1;  Review by members : Weight = 10;  Review by PA Collaborators : Weight = 20. Why should the 'rating only' and a 'review' have such a huge difference in weight? And why should the review by PA collaborators get more clout than someone else? Seems to me the average rating of these albums is nothing but snobbery... my tastes are better than yours so my weight should be calculated higher. Ludicrous!  IMO all album ratings by all PA members should be equal. What would the Top 100 look like then?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 08:59

What's the difference?

I'm just sassing you my man, I know you, myself, and a few others have stood our ground and reasoned out our faves. I started a semi-troll thread a year ago on DSoTM being overrated and I didn't expect it to take off like it did honestly LOL. I'm not as harsh on said record as I seem!

Still, Yes and PF are apples and oranges to me. Two completely different moods. When I'm down PF brings me up. When I'm up, Yes takes me higher somehow (I get up, I get down...). Prog is power!

May the mighty generator be with you mate.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 09:09
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Why should the 'rating only' and a 'review' have such a huge difference in weight? And why should the review by PA collaborators get more clout than someone else?

A tactic we implemented to force you to CONTRIBUTE!!! You lazy b*****d!

When I joined the Canadian Armed Forces, way back when, I think it would have been better for them to reject my application...boy, it has been an hilarious sojourn.

Edited by Barbu - August 08 2019 at 11:11
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 00:02

See? That's exactly what I mean ... you were already "conditioned" to "songs" ... and had no idea at the time that music was something else altogether.

And this is all I'm fighting, as we get older ... we still walk around like we don't know what "music" is ... and are starting to think/say that one song music makes ... and it doesn't. It takes a lot more and some value to the work at hand ... otherwise every goon that puts two notes on a DAW will be a composer and called progressive simply because the melody is not up front! Dumb stuff like that!

From a compositional standard, "songs" are not very good music, for the most part. I would like to help that get a better support, but can't if they remain "songs". When they become "compositions" as is the case of CTTE, and so many other albums/pieces of music, then things change some ... now you have a serious piece of music, not just a piece of fluff.

And, maybe, just maybe, that is the problem ... no band takes their creation of "songs" as serious music ... it's just a song! But I can tell you that some of those things listed on that top ten of ours were NOT considered "songs" in those days ... they were treated as a lot more ... that we are now trying hard to hide it lest it be shown that not only do we NOT know music, but that we actually don't care.

For PROGRESSIVE MUSIC to be remembered and take a massive step in MUSIC HISTORY, we have to define it and show it to be much more serious than just a song, on a top ten list ... and I am not sure that most of us here care to even give a try, about that ... our respect for the arts, per se, has disappeared and died, and we're making sure to keep it dead ... such a commercial attitude in favor of its own thing ... that we refuse to see and understand.

If you had seen FM radio be sold to the conglomerates from the mid 70's on, and how it hurt PROGRESSIVE music and all the stuff coming out of Europe to the point where people even say that "Progressive Music" died in the 80's ... you would have understood this a lot better ... my dislike for the conglomerate that tells you what to play and like goes way back to many Sci-Fi writers ... not just a song or two. I'm not a great fan of the Overlords of Society, even if they are just some Admins in PA ... doesn't mean they are "wrong" or "right", but that's not something that we will be capable of seeing today or tomorrow ... but the results will be clear in a few years. DEAD! (All of us, actually, not just the music!)

Well I don't what it's like in the USA but in the UK prog is as good as dead in terms of where it sits in the general consciousness. I remember lending a prog collection (of songs OMG) to a chap at work about 20 years ago who didn't even believe there was such a thing. His argument was that when you went into a record shop you didn't see a section on prog rock then it wasn't a thing.

My take on the whole thing is that there was only a short space of time in history when the stars lined up an everything was in place for free artistic expression. As we readily know the record companies don't want this. The music industry doesn't want this. The corporate idiots don't want it. It was nearly dead even on the early seventies launch pad and it didn't take long to crush it.

For myself I got beyond the need to listen to just songs but I still believe a song can be a beautiful creative thing. I am puzzled a little by your attitude towards songs. I mean I know you love Kate Bush like me and she is almost exclusively about songs. What am I missing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>