Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anybody help me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anybody help me?
    Posted: August 13 2019 at 02:04
I was trying to rip a CD - Drama by french outfit Drama.
Track 8 of the CD is corrupted (Excalibur) - this was my favourite track.
Can somebody email me a 320kbps MP3 file for this track please.
You can private message me and I will give you my email address to send me the file.
Regards....and thanks in advance
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2019 at 00:02
Sory I don't have it but you can buy it on Amazon for 99p

I have added the album to my streaming service to have a listen. I don't have much French prog other than Lazuli and Harmonium.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2019 at 04:33
It's OK - I have been given a download of this track...
This site is very helpful!
I tried to find it on amazon - without success - suppose I will have to brush up on my searching skills...haha
I am currently ripping my entire CD collection to my new SSD on my new super computer  - I will then play my collection through my new Sennheiser super bins....
Mind you it will take me about six months to rip this lot - and I am realising that I have hundreds of CD's that I have never listened to....so I had better live a long time after retirement or I have wasted a lot of money!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 00:02
Yeah I've been there , pretty tedious exercise!
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 07:59
Yeah. Especially if you are anal like me and insist on using the copy /b command to merge songs with multiple parts and also to correct the track names that the software brings back from the internet in error and erroneous artwork...
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 09:28
There's a lot of free software to make what you are doing simpler. The bad is when you rip from vynil. No software can help you. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2019 at 04:12
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

There's a lot of free software to make what you are doing simpler. The bad is when you rip from vynil. No software can help you. 

You can get record decks that will let you rip vinyl to MP3, I've done it. The only problem is separating the tracks.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2019 at 04:25
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

You can get record decks that will let you rip vinyl to MP3, I've done it. The only problem is separating the tracks.
Try mp3split.exe or Medieval. 
Howard the Duck View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard the Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2019 at 08:30
I recommend foobar - most versatile ripper/converter i've found (can be made more so with plugins - get the encoder pack for full functionality). It's amazingly small but very powerful and doesn't hog much RAM, and completely free/open source.

If you're still having trouble with mp3 try switching to ripping to FLAC (you can always convert that to mp3 later).

Mp3 isn't very accurate so maybe it's struggling to encode straight from disc. (You'll need the LAME encode exe to convert to mp3, but you might find it works better  than the native Windows mp3 encode, if that's what you're using currently).

Edited by Howard the Duck - August 23 2019 at 08:31
MacGyver can do a super guitar solo with a broom and an elastic band. Can you do better?

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2019 at 03:06
I'm not ripping much, but I'm using the portable version of Format Factory which converts everything to everything else, both audio and video.

Edited by octopus-4 - August 24 2019 at 03:06
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2019 at 15:39

I usually just record vinyl using a DAW like Audacity (it's free). There's an option export to multiple tracks; all you have to do is label the gaps between the songs (which are quite easy to see). Then I use a program called MP3tag which makes it easy to tag the files (despite the name, it works on a variety of audio formats, including FLAC). If you have a decent turntable, you might be better off buying an audio interface and plugging into that rather than getting a cheap USB turntable. Might seem a bit daunting at first if you don't have much digital audio experience, but you can get cables/adapters to plug the RCA out of a turntable into 1/4" plugs on an interface.

I agree with using Foobar for ripping CDs. Although sometimes CDs are just damaged and certain tracks just refuse to rip properly - but where some programs might throw away the entire song, Foobar might give you a version with one or two glitches.

Edited by ForestFriend - August 24 2019 at 15:40
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2019 at 16:22
Please do yourself a favor and rip your CDs with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to FLAC files - format with lossless compression - that's the way to go and don't regret later.
Will need a little time to configure but takes care of the whole business just beautifully (with the much appreciated error correction algorythm ready when deserved)
For vinyl nothing beats Audacity imo.

Then you will want to use Foobar for sure, nice app indeed with add-ons and skins aplenty.
Howard the Duck View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard the Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2019 at 05:53
^thanks for the EAC tip. I'd meant to configure it for ages but hadn't bothered yet. I got a best of muddy waters compilation on cd secondhand and it sounds great after ripping! Cool
MacGyver can do a super guitar solo with a broom and an elastic band. Can you do better?

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 13:41

Audacity has an article on how to do this ... you go after the blank spots later, or you can macro the silence when it is right there. Doesn't seem difficult. I tend to record the whole thing and then edit the parts as needed, though I rarely mp3 anything that has 147 tracks on Side 1 of the LP! You know what I mean!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Anton Shtefan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Shtefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2019 at 07:14
Hello.
I would like to ask.
Who can I sell my music to?
We recorded an album in Swedish language.
  Inspired by Ynglingsagan Snorre Sturlusson.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2019 at 01:32
Originally posted by Anton Shtefan Anton Shtefan wrote:

Hello.
I would like to ask.
Who can I sell my music to?
We recorded an album in Swedish language.
  Inspired by Ynglingsagan Snorre Sturlusson.
You can first try with Bandcamp. I can't guarantee that you will sell it, but it's what that platform is for.
Anton Shtefan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Shtefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2019 at 01:55
thanks for the answer.
But bandcamp is not suitable for us.
I believe that this is an absolutely useless resource.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2019 at 05:33

thanks for the answer.

Why is it useless? It seems to work for a lot of bands.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 01:34

thanks for the answer.
If you are looking for a distributor you can try with independent labels, but also them can be found on bandcamp. Some have accounts here on PA, too. 
charcoz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charcoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 21:02
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

I was trying to rip a CD - Drama by french outfit Drama.
Track 8 of the CD is corrupted (Excalibur) - this was my favourite track.
Can somebody email me a 320kbps MP3 file for this track please.
You can private message me and I will give you my email address to send me the file.
Regards....and thanks in advance
I have that CD album by Drama. Do you still want to get it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>