Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gentle Giant: In a glass house - availability?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gentle Giant: In a glass house - availability?
    Posted: August 29 2019 at 07:28
I can't find this anywhere, but for silly money on Amazon (UK). Unless I buy the mp3 version, which I'd rather not do.

Grrr...
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 08:07
I assume you don't want a used copy, there are a few on eBay?
Ghost Whistler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 08:39
Not here there arent
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 08:52
My mistake, the one that appeared in an advert at the top of Google has closed.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 10:49
If I'm not mistaken...Discogs has many for sale...on vinyl ....seems cd's are a bit scarce...;though I did see a few.

Edited by dr wu23 - August 29 2019 at 10:50
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 12:06
Not surprising, that tiltle is always out-of-print.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 12:27
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 15:18
[URL= ]www.amoeba.com/in-a-glass-house-cd-gentle-giant/albums/915437/?code=ACEEdoTeiUw&gclid=Cj0KCQjw753rBRCVARIsANe3o44Y47HuGuXQ703sY98mdEDmhJiHXrvHT6gcZNEteMC9ejWgcBIyYAEaAttLEALw_wcB/[URL]

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - August 29 2019 at 15:22
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 15:24
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 15:24
Sorry messed up the link above. Try amoeba.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 16:53
^ I tried hyperlinking that too and the page isn't loading.  Odd.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Howard the Duck View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard the Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 17:52
keep an eye out for the mid 2000's remaster - it has some weird distortion in the high treble that can make the album tough to listen to on some systems - better to find early unremastered or vinyl (can't speak to any later remasters that might exist)

weirdly this is a non-issue on all the other 2000 remastered releases i have

Edited by Howard the Duck - August 29 2019 at 17:53
MacGyver can do a super guitar solo with a broom and an elastic band. Can you do better?

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 23:57
Originally posted by Howard the Duck Howard the Duck wrote:

keep an eye out for the mid 2000's remaster - it has some weird distortion in the high treble that can make the album tough to listen to on some systems - better to find early unremastered or vinyl (can't speak to any later remasters that might exist)

The 2009 remaster (Alucard) is easily the best. The 2005 one (DRT with bonus track) is not good as you say . BTW the Alucard remaster has no bonus tracks so that might help to recognise it. I checked CD services (UK) and they only have the DRT version but it is at a good price at least (£9.99 + P&P)

Edited by richardh - August 30 2019 at 00:05
Howard the Duck View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard the Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 05:09
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Howard the Duck Howard the Duck wrote:

The 2009 remaster (Alucard) is easily the best. The 2005 one (DRT with bonus track) is not good as you say . BTW the Alucard remaster has no bonus tracks so that might help to recognise it. I checked CD services (UK) and they only have the DRT version but it is at a good price at least (£9.99 + P&P)

Interesting that the '09 one is better - how would you compare it to the vinyl mix or early unremastered CD?

Edited by Howard the Duck - August 30 2019 at 05:09
MacGyver can do a super guitar solo with a broom and an elastic band. Can you do better?

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 08:08
More than a few here. An excellent resource for used vinyl.

https://lp.reverb.com/albums/in-a-glass-house-1/listings

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 08:36
Originally posted by Ghost Whistler Ghost Whistler wrote:

Not here there arent

UK Amazon is totally fudged and has been for some time.

I can not, buy anything by THE GOONS over there, because of the BBC and Amazon ... they are not interested in "sharing" and neither are they wanting to be a part of the EU, so they can call their own price.

So, I am not surprised to see the opposite happen ... and you know what is worse? I can't even find a friend over there that would buy things for me, and I could either send an international money order, or just plain buy things for them for equivalent value ... 

Let me tell you ... it's worse than religion! And Amazon doesn't care ... they are bigger than God!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 09:58

The Artist Shop has it:

https://www.artist-shop.com/catalog/members/f-j.htm#g

Home page:

https://www.artist-shop.com/

$11.99 not sure how much shipping would cost.

Edited by CosmicVibration - August 30 2019 at 09:59
Ghost Whistler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 13:38
Thanks for the replies, but, and with respect, I'm not going to order from overseas. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 13:59
Did you look on discogs to see if someone is selling it in the UK?
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 14:02
Ok, I just sent you a pm. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>