Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arena vs Enchant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which band do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [50.00%]
7 [25.00%]
4 [14.29%]
1 [3.57%]
2 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2019 at 20:18
Arena.
I haven't heard anything by Enchant.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2019 at 20:34
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

Arena.
I haven't heard anything by Enchant.

Then wouldn't that be a vote for "I don't know both bands well enough to vote?"
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 00:21
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by ScorchedFirth ScorchedFirth wrote:

Arena is fantastic stuff, gets my vote, but mention for Frost* who also are really great.

agreed although I'm not sure they fit the poll idea and sadly have only released 4 albums. That said perhaps we could do a John Mitchell poll? Arena v Frost* v Lonely Robot v Kino v It Bites? I would need to check what other bands he's been in, there must be quite a few!

Not as many as you might think. Other than those it looks like he has been in two others A(yep that's the name of the band just A) and the Urbane. He's played with other bands as a guest such as Blind Ego and Gandalf's Fist but Arena, Frost, Lonely Robot and It Bites are the main ones as far as prog is concerned. He also played with John Wetton apparently.

thanks for the info Smile
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 02:09
Arena on this one.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 07:29
Good question.
I have a number of Arena albums, so, to me, they're a known quantity.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 08:30
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

Good question.
I have a number of Arena albums, so, to me, they're a known quantity.

I was referring to Enchant who you said you didn't know. I think it makes sense for people to only vote for a band if they are familiar with both bands and not just one(otherwise the "I don't know both bands well enough" option).

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 04 2019 at 08:32
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 09:48
Enchant. Both are not top tiers for me, and though Arena has John Mitchell, I think his talent is not fully utilized in the band. Enchant, though has less records, are a little more consistent, so they get my vote. 
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 01:30
Enchant gets my vote though I do like Arena, I listened to them recently.  
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2019 at 09:15
Listening to Arena is like hearing two cats fighting in the alley at midnight. Unbearable, really. Never have heard Enchant, but they have to be better than their opponent here, right?
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2019 at 00:46
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Listening to Arena is like hearing two cats fighting in the alley at midnight. Unbearable, really. Never have heard Enchant, but they have to be better than their opponent here, right?

If Arena are 2 cats fighting in an alley at midnight then Enchant is a cat having a snooze Wink
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 15:55
Excellent Arena, over good Enchant
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 09:53
Arena 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 09:58
Geekfreak, asking as a form member, please consider slowing down with bumping old polls. It makes it harder to follow active discussions and to follow the newest topics, especially for those who use the "Latest Forum Posts" feature to follow the discussions. Personally, I'd rather see a little more time, thought and substance go into each post rather than many posts which say very little.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12