Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

neo-prog on vinyl?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: neo-prog on vinyl?
    Posted: September 10 2019 at 03:09
Hi there! Recently I've been buying some modern progressive records on vinyl and I'm loving it! I would love to hear some recommendations for modern (neo) prog records available on vinyl.

Already owned/ordered:
- Arena / The Visitor
- Pendragon / Not of This World / Passion
- IQ / The Seventh House
- Galahad / Empires Never Last
- The Flower Kings / Unfold the Future
I'm guitarist and songwriter for the prog-related band Mother Bass. Find us at http://www.motherbass.com. I also enter stages throughout the Netherlands performing my poetry.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2019 at 06:38
I have Tales From the Lush Attic, Ever, Subterranea, Dark Matter and The Road of Bones on vinyl.

All unreservedly recommended.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
friso View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 00:42
you guys are really helping me out there

Thank Hercules, it's actually quite hard to attain out of print vinyls by IQ! I will have a close eye on their upcoming release.
I'm guitarist and songwriter for the prog-related band Mother Bass. Find us at http://www.motherbass.com. I also enter stages throughout the Netherlands performing my poetry.
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 11:21
In terms of neo or modern prog I own on vinyl, I own every album from The Flower Kings from Back In the World of Adventures to The Sum of No Evil, Script For a Jester's Tear and Fugazi by Marillion, and Love Over Fear by Pendragon. I also have a signed 45 of Saved By You by Pendragon.

Edited by Magog2112 - July 25 2023 at 11:22
 Post Reply Post Reply